Rolling Stone magazine -100 greatest guitarists

Status
Not open for further replies.

see Jeff Beck is high up...confirms what local musicians say...loads of them go to see him when hes on..

Angus young 96? iommi and rhoads in the eighties?Les paul 46? someone got to be taking the piss

nee jo bonamasa, nee gary moore,no albert collins, no otis rush!! no prince(yes prince)The only good thing is theyre not still wanking themselves daft over dimebag darrel

Hmm, looked at the top ten and though 'meh'. Looks like a journo trying to be clever. Can't see why Robert Johnson's in the top 10, above the likes of Jimmy Page. Well, I know why he is, 'cos the journo's trying to be clever and make some form of statement regarding what came first. He's got it wrong though. Robert Johnson's egg may have come first, but Page's chicken was a lot bigger and a lot tastier. :lol:

Hmm, looked at the top ten and though 'meh'. Looks like a journo trying to be clever. Can't see why Robert Johnson's in the top 10, above the likes of Jimmy Page. Well, I know why he is, 'cos the journo's trying to be clever and make some form of statement regarding what came first. He's got it wrong though. Robert Johnson's egg may have come first, but Page's chicken was a lot bigger and a lot tastier. :lol:

For somebody with a Dylan avatar I´m surprised you´ve made this terrible error of judgement. Dylan would certainly tell you, you are wrong.

Is there any way of seeing a list of the top 100, I don´t want to spend half an hour clicking on 1 to 100. What number is Neil Young? certainly not the most technically gifted rock guitarist the world has heard, but he´s the one I most like listening too.

Oh and the greatest guitatist is Paco Lucia.

Is there any way of seeing a list of the top 100, I don´t want to spend half an hour clicking on 1 to 100. What number is Neil Young? certainly not the most technically gifted rock guitarist the world has heard, but he´s the one I most like listening too.

Oh and the greatest guitatist is Paco Lucia.

Neil in at around 60 something. Probably a fair assessment . As you say, he's not the most technical player.

He is. Great player as well!

Agreed. Technically superb player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back