Roids

Am I right to assume all big bastards are on them?

Just thought nee one at my gym is big and most have been training for years.
Genetics, diet, training intensity would be a bigger factor imho.

From my understanding of roids they would increase testerone & growth hormone and/or increase training endurance. Obviously depending on what is used.

But if you start weight training at e.g. 18 and train consistently with a good diet you would get bulky/muscley up to your genetic potential.

They are rife. I tend to assume most of the big rigs are on them or have used them in the past. Three mates of mine claim to be fully natural when I've witnessed them giving themselves a stab a few years back.

It still requires hard work to get big and/or in shape, but nowhere near as much as doing it naturally.

Well you can if you want but you can buy protein for like £30 a tub or get a bottle of test for £25 and bulk size the difference will be massive compared to the protein drinks.
I dont really understand it but i was under the impression the roid triggered the uptake and facilitated harder training but you still would need as many grams of protein to actually form the muscle ..or does the roid just blow you up ?

I dont really understand it but i was under the impression the roid triggered the uptake and facilitated harder training but you still would need as many grams of protein to actually form the muscle ..or does the roid just blow you up ?
Test just blows you up mate and first 6 months you would see the most increase but like you said you still need the protein but I was mainly on about the lads who go into a gym and want to see a difference straight away.
The gym where I went I would say a lot were on it at least 75%. Also there was blokes in there late 60s and still would take the odd jab of test as they said it used to give them a massive boost.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the roids enable your body to absorb more of the protein you eat, which in turn makes more of the small muscle fibres you've broken down during training to grow at a faster rate than they otherwise would.

It hard training but the muscle grow faster.

My understanding is that the roids enable your body to absorb more of the protein you eat, which in turn makes more of the small muscle fibres you've broken down during training to grow at a faster rate than they otherwise would.

It hard training but the muscle grow faster.
I wonder if they work on tendon ( collagen). etc at the same time as muscle . If they increase strength and thus poundages surely there must be a risk of tendon injury unless youre careful

They don’t.

Typically, a rapid increase in strength comes with an increased likelihood of a tendon injury as tendons strengthen at a much slower rate.
Thought so . Might be a specific risk for the older lifter too. Im finding as im getting on I'm tweaking tendons rather than muscle . Im thinking they age and lose collagen ☹️

Me and pal looked into them about 20 years ago now, what a clart on !

We thought that the muscle just appeared overnight :lol: but it doesn't you have to work very hard and you recover quicker, so you can work hard again, while eating high protein diet of vast daily calories, then there was oestrogen to do after your cycle to get your testosterone back to normal, it just wasn't worth it for us.

Maybe if your a doorman and want big tits under your bomberjacket then you might have a bash but we thought it was way too much effort for your average x3 a week gym rat.

Last edited:
Me and pal looked into them about 20 years ago now, what a clart on !

We thought that the muscle just appeared overnight :lol: but it doesn't you have to work very hard and you recover quicker, so you can work hard again, while eating high protein diet of vast daily calories, then there was oestrogen to do after your cycle to get your testosterone back to normal, it just wasn't worth it for us.

Maybe if your a doorman and want big tits under your bomberjacket then you might have a bash but we thought it was way too much effort for your average x3 a week gym rat.
Regularly flirt with the idea of the taking them. I’m at the point with training where I’ve pretty much maxed out my natural genetic potential in terms of strength and size gains, and every additional rep or kilo of weight to gain literally milliseconds of improvement on the track just leads to days of soreness and joint pain.

At the same time, I’m 36, and I’m like, what’s the f***ing point? Also, I could deal with the ball shrinkage, but I don’t think I can handle any more hair loss.

On a related note, this is interesting. Gives you your fat free mass index and you can see how you genetically stack up against steroid users and how much you might stand to gain or improve as a natty lifter.

Ironically, I scored 24.7 which is just below “average steroid user.” :cool:

I thought about it. I've trained since I was 18, and I am now 48 and pretty religious about it- mainly to offset the shit diet and boozing I do. You see these pro body builders who die of heart problems at relatively young ages (Rich Piana, Jo Lindner) and it got me thinking. Your body and organs are all sized perfectly by nature to fit with each other (unless you're born with/ develop some awful defect). Your heart is a pump, designed to power blood round your vascular system and bring nutrients to body parts. If you massively increase the size of that system, then your pump is going to work harder than it was designed to, to keep up the supply. Hence we see these people having clutchers, which put me right off. Plus they are usually bought on the black market, with no quality control or regulation- how can you be sure what you're injecting is clean and medical grade?
No ta, I'll stay skinny fat but capable of doing ten pull ups

Back