Robot kills man

The First Law: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

The Second Law: A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

The Third Law: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

whoops.

Yes of course. Have you seen humans drive?

On the future you probably won't be able to get insurance for a human to drive as the risk will be too high compared to a computer doing it.
Humans are amazing. We have amazing powers of spacial awareness, risk, threat, peril, judgement, compassion.

And you want to abdicate that to a computer, you cad.

The First Law: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

The Second Law: A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

The Third Law: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

whoops.

Bastard. I was just about to post this.

Asimov would probably write a trilogy of novels to explain how this incident occurred.

(Apologies if I’m being insensitive, I only read the headline.)

and so it begins.......

so a fella was killed when looking at a machine that was known to be faulty, and we are surprised that the faulty machine pretty much did what we knew it would do… sounds like it’s the humans at fault here.
Wonder how many people have killed other people in the workplace by accident since this happened 🤔

Absolute failure of safe systems of work, the machine should have been isolated prior to inspection. Same people claiming this as the end of days will cite health and safety gone mad everytime someone steps in to stop them loosing an appendage.

Last edited:

Back