Roast chicken cooking temperature? 75C?

Gobuchul

Midfield
Lost Magpie
Bought a new Ninja multi cooker/air fryer that comes with the temperature probe.

You put the probe in the chicken it automatically cooks it to 75C, the safe temperature for chicken.

The problem is that it totally over cooks it. The chicken is ruined.

I always worked on basis of the juices from the chicken run clear, which must be way below a 75C internal temperature.

When I use the Ninja in manual mode, it takes around 30 minutes from start to finish to cook a chicken, in auto, it was 45 minutes.

Have I been poisoning myself for the last few years?

I've cooked a chicken in my Ninja Air Fryer a few times. 45 Minutes doesn't sound like it is enough time. Whenever I've cooked it, I have cooked it on 180 degrees and turned it over at 40 minutes and then cook it for a further 40 minutes so it is evenly cooked.

30 minutes for a whole chicken? I'm surprised you're not dead. 😂😂
It's on the steam/air fry setting. It's perfectly cooked through, no red in the flesh or juices.
I've cooked a chicken in my Ninja Air Fryer a few times. 45 Minutes doesn't sound like it is enough time. Whenever I've cooked it, I have cooked it on 180 degrees and turned it over at 40 minutes and then cook it for a further 40 minutes so it is evenly cooked.
If I did that on this one I would have chicken soup!

It has to be over 75c get rid of the pathogenic bacteria that multiply in food. In joints and meats it has to be the thickest part that gets there. Same goes for reheating.

anything lower and they wont be killed off. apart from the spore formers which are bastards to kill.

Disclaimer: don't blame me if you get food poisoning!

According to both UK and US governments the safe internal temp for chicken is 74c but that's the finished temp. If you take a chicken out at 75c and rest it, depending on how you rest it, it's going to rise between 5c and 10c. I always take chicken out at 70c and it usually rises to about 76c.

The World Health Organisation actually have a lower temp for chicken, they reckon 70c finished temp is enough.

Last edited:
Bought a new Ninja multi cooker/air fryer that comes with the temperature probe.

You put the probe in the chicken it automatically cooks it to 75C, the safe temperature for chicken.

The problem is that it totally over cooks it. The chicken is ruined.

I always worked on basis of the juices from the chicken run clear, which must be way below a 75C internal temperature.

When I use the Ninja in manual mode, it takes around 30 minutes from start to finish to cook a chicken, in auto, it was 45 minutes.

Have I been poisoning myself for the last few years?
I find 45 is a bit long , its usually dropping apart. Its usually about 40 on steam roast

Back