RIP Kevin Beattie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many commented that he was the best, he was probably destined for genuine super stardom if not for injuries.
Powerhouse of a defender who could play football.

A very good player in the Ipswich Town team late 70's early 80's.

He was an awesome player.

Bloody hell - only two years older than me. He could put himself about when he had to, but was much more of a footballer than the average 70's clogger.

RIP

U 62 ? Haway man.....:lol:

I seem to remember that at one point, early in his career, he was being compared to Duncan Edwards. Anyone else remember that?
Think twas Sir Bob who said that.

So sorry to hear of this today, I had the pleasure a few years ago of a couple of nights out with him whilst going to Ipswich for the opening of the Bobby Robson stand with one of his best mates at the club.A lovely bloke full of fun and stories and what a player he would have gained many more caps but for injuries. A real Ipswich and English legend has passed away today god bless him.

Good player and a big part of an excellent Ipswich Town team. Sorry to read he’s passed on at such a relatively young age.

My Dad didn't tend to eulogise players, especially from the seventies on, but talked of Beattie as a player on a different level. He had quality and power and stood out in an exceptional team at Ipswich. He certainly had a difficult life and his injuries robbed football of a great player. I hope he has peace now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back