Rio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not seen any better.
Perth, Vancouver and Cape Town are supposed to be most beautiful but I'd say Rio beats them. (Not been to Cape Town).

:cool:

Are you the lad that used to post on here as Spug?

Erm nope. You mean Left Breathless (posts still).

Nah, Copacabana's basically Blackpool but better at heads'n'volleys.

Erm no.

The views of Rio from above man, its an absolutely stunning sight.

Nothing I've seen beats it.

This time next week I'll be there slurping caiparinhas. Honestly can't wait now that the Olympics has started. :)

Any tips welcomed. @dangermows I noted Lapa, doesn't seem that far away from where we're staying in Catete.

This time next week I'll be there slurping caiparinhas. Honestly can't wait now that the Olympics has started. :)

Any tips welcomed. @dangermows I noted Lapa, doesn't seem that far away from where we're staying in Catete.

Lapa and Santa Theresa are very cool places, but keep your wits on an evening (we had no bother but there's reports of the odd mugging there).

Celeron steps are a must see (as well as the obvious sights).

Beach front areas, for nightlife, id go to Leblon, its the classier area. Copacabana is full of prostitutes and drug pushers once the night falls.

Lapa and Santa Theresa are very cool places, but keep your wits on an evening (we had no bother but there's reports of the odd mugging there).

Beach front areas, for nightlife, id go to Leblon, its the classier area. Copacabana is full of prostitutes and drug pushers once the night falls.

Sounds class.

You ever been there?! Yep the sprawling expanse of favellas are quite a sight to behold. The tin roofs glistening in the sunlight..breathtaking

Nah I haven't mate, I'm just describing the views and giving tips to people on what to see and do....

From sugar loaf mt the city is absolutely majestic, a sun kissed place that is situated in and amongst the hills. At sunset there is no better looking place.

Sounds class.

Aye until you get a blade to your throat or gun to your head.

Magic, thanks. Looks like a 30m taxi from Leblon to our hostel but according to Google maps it only reckons it'll be a fiver in a taxi, is it really that cheap?

The most beautiful city on Earth :cool:
Measured by what precisely?
Granted the topography sets it apart. However the architecture is barely existent unless of course you include the 600+ favelas. !!!!One street back from the beach ( Copacabana) and you'll find a shithole.
2800 people killed by the police in Rio THIS YEAR gives it a different complexion.
Anyone going to Lapa needs to back up phone details and have bank contact details handy. There is a high probability they'll be needed

I had a gun put in my face from 3m by a baseball cap , sunglasses , gun toting cop who didn't want me asking questions like "what the feck do you want" . Evidently they were looking for someone!
My mate was mugged at gunpoint ".....where they used an interpreter !!!!!

Have you been to Rio.
Home maybe where the heart is but you need to keep an open mind too.
No. I'm pretty open minded though and for me Durham is absolutely stunning. It's size makes it, although it obviously holds it back against cities that have "more".

Measured by what precisely?
Granted the topography sets it apart. However the architecture is barely existent unless of course you include the 600+ favelas. !!!!One street back from the beach ( Copacabana) and you'll find a shithole.
2800 people killed by the police in Rio THIS YEAR gives it a different complexion.
Anyone going to Lapa needs to back up phone details and have bank contact details handy. There is a high probability they'll be needed

I had a gun put in my face from 3m by a baseball cap , sunglasses , gun toting cop who didn't want me asking questions like "what the feck do you want" . Evidently they were looking for someone!
My mate was mugged at gunpoint ".....where they used an interpreter !!!!!
Beautiful is different from best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back