Rimini

Billy Fish

Striker
Thinking of heading there as part of this year's jollies.
Anyone got good, bad or indifferent views on it?
Just me and Mrs Fish, young of heart, old of body.

Nice place. I was there late September 2017; a little colder than expected, about 18 degrees. September was rather quiet, many restaurants closed but the ones that were open were very nice. Best ice cream parlour that I have ever visited is on the corner at the seafront. Good day trips are San Marino (30 minutes by bus, nice limoncello) and Ravenna (30 minutes by local train, Byron from Seaham Hall fame lived there - some sort of blue plaque there). I never went to San Leo but that is meant to be impressive, the bus only runs peak season and you need a car. July and August get very busy.

Flew into Bologna (nice place also) then intercity train (Freccia Argent - just over an hour?) to Rimini, there's a monorail linking the airport to the station. There is alos an airport at Rimini but I don't know who flies there.

Nice place. I was there late September 2017; a little colder than expected, about 18 degrees. September was rather quiet, many restaurants closed but the ones that were open were very nice. Best ice cream parlour that I have ever visited is on the corner at the seafront. Good day trips are San Marino (30 minutes by bus, nice limoncello) and Ravenna (30 minutes by local train, Byron from Seaham Hall fame lived there - some sort of blue plaque there). I never went to San Leo but that is meant to be impressive, the bus only runs peak season and you need a car. July and August get very busy.

Flew into Bologna (nice place also) then intercity train (Freccia Argent - just over an hour?) to Rimini, there's a monorail linking the airport to the station. There is alos an airport at Rimini but I don't know who flies there.
Thanks for that, we'll be driving there so transport will be no problem, will call in at Bologna enroute and head over to Tuscany the following week.

Went there for a school trip. Crashed a 6 person pedal car into the side of a shop, felt like I broke every bone in my body but didn’t care because I was too busy laughing.

Hope this helps.

What school did ye gan to? We went to Plessy woods and Norham castle and the rich kids got to go on a French exchange in year 11...
Went there for a school trip. Crashed a 6 person pedal car into the side of a shop, felt like I broke every bone in my body but didn’t care because I was too busy laughing.

Hope this helps.

What school did ye gan to? We went to Plessy woods and Norham castle and the rich kids got to go on a French exchange in year 11...
It wasn’t officially with the school but one of the teachers organised a summer trip there. About 40 of us went. When I think about it now, I think he was making a tidy profit from it all.

First stage of the tdf finishes in Rimini 29th June
And second stage in Bologne next day
Thanks, that's actually very useful as that was possibly when we were due to get there, last year we arrived at San Sebastian in Spain and wondered what all the activity was and realised then that it was the first stage of the tdf finishing there!!
It wasn’t officially with the school but one of the teachers organised a summer trip there. About 40 of us went. When I think about it now, I think he was making a tidy profit from it all.
Yewtree Academy?

Last edited:

Rimini is only for Balkans /local flights. I have to visit San Marino for work and only Bologna serves any UK airport or Schipol or PCDG etc. for that matter.

Back