Rightmove Voyeurism

Knocked back for planning permission recently so must be selling up:

What I find amusing is how quickly the grey fad died out. same with the live laugh love shite or ‘bath’ signs in the bog.
Depends on how you do it. Grey doesn’t necessarily mean dull. Our kitchen is grey, 2 different shades actually, with a fair bit of white. It’s not dull at all. Lots of natural light helps as well.

Depends on how you do it. Grey doesn’t necessarily mean dull. Our kitchen is grey, 2 different shades actually, with a fair bit of white. It’s not dull at all. Lots of natural light helps as well.

Ours is quite neutral as well, with some grey. It's the grey overload where even the possibly expensive finishes look cheap that is shit. Mind I often wonder what some people's houses on here look like inside...

FWIW I hate the old fashioned middle of nowhere places that seem to be popular on this thread :lol:

Ours is quite neutral as well, with some grey. It's the grey overload where even the possibly expensive finishes look cheap that is shit. Mind I often wonder what some people's houses on here look like inside...

FWIW I hate the old fashioned middle of nowhere places that seem to be popular on this thread :lol:
Perhaps that should be a parallel thread for those who are decor critical.
Our House Voyerism!!

On the topic of being decor critical - this kind of decor has never appealed to me. Would feel like living in a car showroom.

Some people must like it though.

Same here. I like walls and doors. Keep cooking noises and smells in the kitchen. In my house someone can sit on the sofa and watch the telly, while someone has music on busy in the kitchen. Off the living room we have a study which me or the wife also use for playing guitar or keyboard in. Three sources of noise, shut the doors and everyone is happy. In a place like that with hard floors too, the sound must bounce around and you can't do that.

I don't like the outside either, especially as it doesn't fit with the rest of the street. That look of a shed stuck on the front is really odd. It looks like they have bought it and done it up as a house for show and are selling it sharpish. That might have been their plan all the long or they found it is not a good house to live in.

This was taken May last year. Quite a change from that to what it is now in 10 months, and to be selling already.

Same here. I like walls and doors. Keep cooking noises and smells in the kitchen. In my house someone can sit on the sofa and watch the telly, while someone has music on busy in the kitchen. Off the living room we have a study which me or the wife also use for playing guitar or keyboard in. Three sources of noise, shut the doors and everyone is happy. In a place like that with hard floors too, the sound must bounce around and you can't do that.

I don't like the outside either, especially as it doesn't fit with the rest of the street. That look of a shed stuck on the front is really odd. It looks like they have bought it and done it up as a house for show and are selling it sharpish. That might have been their plan all the long or they found it is not a good house to live in.

This was taken May last year. Quite a change from that to what it is now in 10 months, and to be selling already.
Ferk me quite a transformation.

Said before if you had the coin to ‘flip’ places like that in london you’d make a bomb.
Have a friend who does this.

Ferk me quite a transformation.

Said before if you had the coin to ‘flip’ places like that in london you’d make a bomb.
Have a friend who does this.
The money and the time. I half wish I had looked it when I was younger and had more free time. Though the other side is making good choices. It looks like houses in that street go for the realms of £450k. Twice the price is an oddity there, especially with such a small garden and overlooked at the back.

Same number of bedrooms, same cost, you could go for this one, and look at that garden (I'm a big fan of gardens so that does influence me a lot):

If I were doing to do a house up to £900k spec on that plot, I would play the RightMove game of saying "If I had £900k, would I buy this house?". These are the others available and that one stands out as an absolute no. Yeah there are some expensive features and the floor (which I hate) must have cost a lot, but it has that mutton dressed as lamb feel to me:

The money and the time. I half wish I had looked it when I was younger and had more free time. Though the other side is making good choices. It looks like houses in that street go for the realms of £450k. Twice the price is an oddity there, especially with such a small garden and overlooked at the back.

Same number of bedrooms, same cost, you could go for this one, and look at that garden (I'm a big fan of gardens so that does influence me a lot):

If I were doing to do a house up to £900k spec on that plot, I would play the RightMove game of saying "If I had £900k, would I buy this house?". These are the others available and that one stands out as an absolute no. Yeah there are some expensive features and the floor (which I hate) must have cost a lot, but it has that mutton dressed as lamb feel to me:
Agree!

On the topic of being decor critical - this kind of decor has never appealed to me. Would feel like living in a car showroom.

There's definitely more I dislike than like about that. Can't imagine living in something as open as that and the flooring just doesn't work in a home

Looks cold.

Five beds, five bathroom is likely aimed at shared occupancy?
Needs a back door to the outside, you don't always want to open the big garden (summer) doors if you are just popping out to the garden in the winter.

Looks cold.

Needs a back door to the outside, you don't always want to open the big garden (summer) doors if you are just popping out to the garden in the winter.

Exactly what I was going to say, maybe I'm getting on a bit but I think it's typical of the type of bling the young'uns of today want, just about everything about it I dislike.

Exactly what I was going to say, maybe I'm getting on a bit but I think it's typical of the type of bling the young'uns of today want, just about everything about it I dislike.
Has a holiday let feel to it imo. Be lovely in spain for a week with pool out the back.

Looks cold.

Good spot. It is all those little things that creep in. Going to put rubbish out, or we have a compost collection bucket by the back door, straight from the kitchen. As soon as we finish peeling veg, in it goes. Packaging from meat, especially fish, goes straight to the outside bin.
Has a holiday let feel to it imo. Be lovely in spain for a week with pool out the back.
if it is, it shows how there needs to be some sort of planning permission and strategic thinking for holiday lets. People suddenly don't want "party house" hotels in their street when they have to be up for work the next morning. On the other side, it is a crap place for a holiday, a good distance from anything touristy. It is stuck in the middle of a housing estate.

Last edited:
Good spot. It is all those little things that creep in. Going to put rubbish out, or we have a compost collection bucket by the back door, straight from the kitchen. As soon as we finish peeling veg, in it goes. Packaging from meat, especially fish, goes straight to the outside bin.

if it is, it shows how there needs to be some sort of planning permission and strategic thinking for holiday lets. People suddenly don't want "party house" hotels in their street when they have to be up for work the next morning. On the other side, it is a crap place for a holiday, a good distance from anything touristy. It is stuck in the middle of a housing estate.
Yeh mate im not saying is a good holiday let its just styled like a lot.

Back