Ricky Ponting

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

safcdccc

Surrey sign former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting, 38, on a two-month deal throughout June and July

He was offered to Durham last season on similar terms. Durham wanted him for the whole season.

source - MDV

Seriously?

Why would anyone in the right mind turn down Ponting for two months? :lol::lol:
the reason given was that Durham wanted him for the whole season. My money is on the fact that we had no money or as someone said we knew we were right up against the wage cap.

MDV grew up with Ponting in Tasmania. Its one of his best friends. The craic is that Pointing put MDV up for the Australian batting job.

How about the wage cap.

So why would Durham even consider him if they were worried about the wage cap?

Clearly, as the Colonel said Durham are skint and don't want to admit it.

Durham will do canny this season although my money will be going on Surrey.

So why would Durham even consider him if they were worried about the wage cap?

Clearly, as the Colonel said Durham are skint and don't want to admit it.

Durham will do canny this season although my money will be going on Surrey.
Very little baggage in the team and for once no real scandal behind the scenes to think of. there is the Harmison factor though that may continue to destabalise things. 4rth maybe?

Be interesting too see whether Muchall plays in the CC. If he does then all bets are off. I'd save him for the one dayers where he seems more at home.

Very little baggage in the team and for once no real scandal behind the scenes to think of. there is the Harmison factor though that may continue to destabalise things. 4rth maybe?

Be interesting too see whether Muchall plays in the CC. If he does then all bets are off. I'd save him for the one dayers where he seems more at home.

I know he gets decent scores in the P40 but I'm sure his place could go to Richardson?

Jennings/Stoneman/Richardson/Stokes/Benkenstein/Collingwood/Mustard. (Obviously not batting order)

Good top 7 that, mix of experience and youth.

Makes you wonder how dire our financial position would be without these mysterious Indian tycoons who put some money into the club a couple of years back.

Does anyone know if they are still putting money in?

Makes you wonder how dire our financial position would be without these mysterious Indian tycoons who put some money into the club a couple of years back.

Does anyone know if they are still putting money in?
As far as I'm aware they are still around because the rumour was that they had put a large slice of money into the pot to pay for the new hotel.

The accounts for the cricket club are downloadable from the Companies House website. It only costs £1. I'll see if I can dig the latest ones out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back