Ricky Alvarez Saga Continues

Surely its Inter Milan who should pay Sarsfield, we had bot all to do with the argies

Inter only ever 'owned' 90% of him when they signed him. It's pretty common practice in Italy where a team doesn't buy a player fully outright and the selling club retain some rights over the player. Technically, we were paying Inter for 90% of a player, and presumably there would have had to have been some arrangement to be made with Velez regarding the other 10%, as it's against Premier League rules for a third party to own any part of a player's contact (remember the whole Carlos Tevez-West Ham saga a few years back).

Aye, we paid £10 million for Alverez and we never owned him, we paid £10 million for Rodwell and he couldnt be arsed to play, we paid £10 million for Johnson and he started noncing our teenage fans, we spent £14 million on Ndong and the fucker went on strike despite being shite, we spent £8 million on Papy the Chelsea centre back which is ironically exactly the same fee Chelsea have just received for David Luis.

No f***ing wonder we ended up nearly bankrupt, thank fuck we have people who understand how to run a sustainable football club in charge now.
Logon or register to see this image

It wasn't so much the decision to sign him that caused the problem as when fit again he would have had some residual value. The catastrophic mistake was trying to be clever and avoid having to sign him. Was that not Byrne's fault?
Trying to circumvent the ffp rules iirc.
if it didnt then whoever made the decision at the club to rpoceed with the case was incompetent surely?
It seems like almost every decision made at the club back then was made by someone incompetent. It’s why we are where we are now.

Last edited:
The bellend that sanctioned that deal should be billed for the mess they caused.
I agree its been a mess but im not sure it was the original deal that was the problem, it was when we tried to renege on the agreed deal due to an injury. I seem to remember it was on legal advice which we recieved which subsequently turned out to be incorrect.

The whole situation has been and continues to be a complete clusterfuck. That said i do think stewart donald will do his best to look after the club and hopefully end the saga.

Wonder if all of this had been the other way around how fifa would have decided my feeling is inter wouldn't have had to pay a penny. Or is that just me being cynical. Strange how often fifa and UEFA seem to rule against the English.
:lol: Givower man.
This is mental.

He was due a cut of the fee we paid inter but they didn’t get it.

So why the fuck do we have to pay Inter’s share
You’ve just explained why!
would be interested to read an independent non partisan summary of this debacle to fully understand wtf happened and why and htf we ended up losing every fuckn court case gannin. ffs. we're prollies still paying the gunt's wages ffs
:lol:I think now that the dust has settled he is gonna sue us for loss of earnings between what we were gonna pay him during his 5 yr (?) contract and what he’s earns elsewheresince we sent him back........and who can blame him.

Last edited:
This lad will end up as the most expensive player as all time.

It’s like paying for a Provi (one for the owld’uns on here).

Hmm, 🤔 Provident cheques, a bit like loan sharking, pay day loans, Wonga or whatever it’s dressed as these days.

Never fails to amaze me how Ellis Short is a billionaire businessman. The inept management at our club back then couldn't organise a pee up in a brewery and Short just appeared to let them play with their train-set unsupervised. Unbelieveable :rolleyes:

Back