Retro Hummel tracky top and yellow shirt roll call for Saturday

I didn't get the tracky, but will wear the shirt sometimes I think.
Only got the shirt.

I've got loads of the buggers I never wear. Would normally only wear a home shirt to home matches. And I never get to away games.

I retired me 91-94 Hummel shirt in the LJ era 'cos I decided it was unlucky. Associated it too heavily with a bleak period in our history. I started wearing the 94-96 Avec shirt to home games based on the logic that it was a promotion shirt, and lo and behold, we got promoted.

Our lass got me the late 70s Pop Robson home shirt for me birthday and I've been wearing that to matches of late - and things have turned to shite. I might be getting the Avec top back out next season. :lol:

Think I've worn the 92 Cup Final shirt once, to Wembley. We got beat.

Wore the last season at Roker shirt a lot for 5 a side. Sorta wish I'd kept it in better nick. Associate it with relegation like so not worn it much to the match.

Green Avec - worn once to Hartlepool away in pre-season - Big Sam's last game. IIRC it's a bit too snug. Yellow Avex - seldom worn, once or twice to 5 a side. White Avec Scopion shirt - same again. Not even sure where it is - possibly still down me mam's. Was hopeless for 5 aside as the material just seemed to absorb sweat and properly cling to ya. I actually have the shorts as well for that one - though they're very small. I've worn them 3 or 4 times for bed when I've come in pissed from the pub and put the '73 Cup Final DVD on.

Last edited:
Only got the shirt.

I've got loads of the buggers I never wear. Would normally only wear a home shirt to home matches. And I never get to away games.

I retired me 91-94 Hummel shirt in the LJ era 'cos I decided it was unlucky. Associated it too heavily with a bleak period in our history. I started wearing the 94-96 Avec shirt to home games based on the logic that it was a promotion shirt, and lo and behold, we got promoted.

Our lass got me the late 70s Pop Robson home shirt for me birthday and I've been wearing that to matches of late - and things have turned to shite. I might be getting the Avec top back out next season. :lol:

Think I've worn the 92 Cup Final shirt once, to Wembley. We got beat.

Wore the last season at Roker shirt a lot for 5 a side. Sorta wish I'd kept it in better nick. Associate it with relegation like so not worn it much to the match.

Green Avec - worn once to Hartlepool away in pre-season - Big Sam's last game. IIRC it's a bit too snug. Yellow Avex - seldom worn, once or twice to 5 a side. White Avec Scopion shirt - same again. Not even sure where it is - possibly still down me mam's. Was hopeless for 5 aside as the material just seemed to absorb sweat and properly cling to ya. I actually have the shorts as well for that one - though they're very small. I've worn them 3 or 4 times for bed when I've come in pissed from the pub and put the '73 Cup Final DVD on.
Only other SAFC I have is the 88-91 original home one, only wear a couple of times a year its in mint condition. Scared to wash it haha

Back