Respective Takeovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this time when within a few months the fortunes of SAFC and the mags in regards to respective takeovers have taken a massive swing with our potentially massive takeover having fizzled out and the mags seemingly pulling an unbelievable takeover out of the bag, what I can’t understand is why someone wanting to invest in a club sees Newcastle as a better long term option than Sunderland.
In order to buy the mags your talking hundreds of millions outlay. Everyone knows if they’re to achieve anything, a huge amount of money will need to be spent on top. Probably a full first team overhaul.
We on the other hands would cost relative buttons to buy, should get out of this league by spending next to nowt with the right recruitment. The right recruitment at this level would also mean you can be competitive in the championship without full overhauls so relatively little money needing to be spent.
Im no financial experts but think a long term plan would be much better and cheaper to implement at a club like ours where everything is already there to be a premier league club but the cost of taking it on and building it up is surely less than buying the mags and spending the huge amounts that would be needed to revamp their squad. Thoughts or educated opinions welcome!!

Well you are right to a point the counter argument to that is that the mags are already in the premier league so investment can start straight away. We are two leagues away from that and making a balls of getting out of this league let alone the championship. The championship also has lots of teams throwing money at getting up. So to get to the premier league would take 2-5 years before then having the task of making a competitive team in the league. That could take 8-10 years and cost more than the price difference between us and the mags.
The potential new owners of the mags are so rich that they would rather spend more money now that wait would be my guess.

Amanda Staveley is - allegedly - a massive mag fan.

She is from Yorkshire, so north but not sure if there is a family connection?

Theres probablys not as big a difference as you think. Even though i still agree we are a great investment for a new owner the cost of nufc brings a team with resale value and premiership status. Ours has no real player resale value and poor league status.

However it will take a few windows for them to get a quality side plus the academy investment will take a while to reap the rewards so overall i see little difference between the 2 options.

The premiership status is the biggest difference.

Btw theres zero guarantees they will be successful. If they buy shite or dont have everything bang on it'll not go very far

I genuinely think half the time they just have an affinity with the club or they have mates who support the clubs they buy, financially you'd have to say £300 million to buy a premier League club is silly money, crystal palace are going for less than that, you could buy Nottingham forest or Leeds or indeed ourselves for a fraction of that and then have 100 million left to spend on it and still have change for yacht at the end of it.

I hope that their buy out will encourage people to buy us though, for one of they put a team together someone could see us as an attractive club to reignite the rivalry, I would say man city got bought out because they are next door to man United and already had a brand name

This is the best thread yet 🤣

The premise is - why wouldn't you buy a League one side in need of a total rebuild and potentially years away from deriving any form of profit, playing in a league that isn't televised

OR

An established prem team with a recent history of playing in Europe with assets that have resale value and any investment is likely to reap quicker rewards. A team that features regularly on the TV at home and in other countries therefore increasing the free publicity.

The fact you think there is an arguement here is genuinely hilarious.

There is a reason your club sold for 30m? Whilst ours is going for 300m - I know that's painful for a Sunderland fan to hear

Last edited:
Let’s think, invest in an established Premier League club or invest in a struggling basket case of a club languishing in the third tier of English football, not much deliberation required from me.
I assume that the people buying Newcastle are well catered for in the cash department so ongoing investment probably won’t be a problem, however investing in us would have to be a project for someone, everyone in this world wants everything now, waiting for us to progress probably isn’t what cash rich Arabs are looking for.
This is the best thread yet 🤣

The premise is - why wouldn't you buy a League one side in need of a total rebuild and potentially years away from deriving any form of profit, playing in a league that isn't televised

OR

An established prem team with a recent history of playing in Europe with assets that have resale value and any investment is likely to reap quicker rewards. A team that features regularly on the TV at home and in other countries therefore increasing the free publicity.

The fact you think there is an arguement here is genuinely hilarious.

There is a reason your club sold for 30m? Whilst ours is going for 300m - I know that's painful for a Sunderland fan to hear
Can’t disagree with you.

Let’s think, invest in an established Premier League club or invest in a struggling basket case of a club languishing in the third tier of English football, not much deliberation required from me.
I assume that the people buying Newcastle are well catered for in the cash department so ongoing investment probably won’t be a problem, however investing in us would have to be a project for someone, everyone in this world wants everything now, waiting for us to progress probably isn’t what cash rich Arabs are looking for.

Can’t disagree with you.

For what it's worth, I genuinely hope you do get a takeover and new owners that can bring your club forward. It's criminal what's been going on for years.

This unfortunately, we are ripe for more of a Sartori type, with a few quid wanting to make a few more before disposing of us to bigger fish

Theres probablys not as big a difference as you think. Even though i still agree we are a great investment for a new owner the cost of nufc brings a team with resale value and premiership status. Ours has no real player resale value and poor league status.

However it will take a few windows for them to get a quality side plus the academy investment will take a while to reap the rewards so overall i see little difference between the 2 options.

The premiership status is the biggest difference.

Btw theres zero guarantees they will be successful. If they buy shite or dont have everything bang on it'll not go very far
the difference is really price.
they can pau £300m now and own a premier league team now..ad operationally profitable..
we are £35m but need at least £100m to get to the top flight..with nor garuantee it would work..and then are likely to be heavily loss making in the prem.
reallly what safc eeeds is a new ower to get us to the prem..then to sell it on..

I see FPP are set to be dissolved. Things have just gotten worse for us. Stewart Donald wants to leave. FPP are going to be dissolved. No owner looking likely to be confirmed.

Brilliant.

At this time when within a few months the fortunes of SAFC and the mags in regards to respective takeovers have taken a massive swing with our potentially massive takeover having fizzled out and the mags seemingly pulling an unbelievable takeover out of the bag, what I can’t understand is why someone wanting to invest in a club sees Newcastle as a better long term option than Sunderland.
In order to buy the mags your talking hundreds of millions outlay. Everyone knows if they’re to achieve anything, a huge amount of money will need to be spent on top. Probably a full first team overhaul.
We on the other hands would cost relative buttons to buy, should get out of this league by spending next to nowt with the right recruitment. The right recruitment at this level would also mean you can be competitive in the championship without full overhauls so relatively little money needing to be spent.
Im no financial experts but think a long term plan would be much better and cheaper to implement at a club like ours where everything is already there to be a premier league club but the cost of taking it on and building it up is surely less than buying the mags and spending the huge amounts that would be needed to revamp their squad. Thoughts or educated opinions welcome!!

wondered that myself but its the fact we are in the division we are that is the issue, was talking to an agent mate about this and he told me very few are interested because of us being in div 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back