Residents lose battle to keep Knockin shop open

"I know a lady who lives in the village and she's nearly 102-years-old, she said 'there's always been a shop in Knockin".

102 - she's knockin on a bit.

I thought this was going to be the one down Hendon - if it is still there.

"I know a lady who lives in the village and she's nearly 102-years-old, she said 'there's always been a shop in Knockin".

102 - she's knockin on a bit.

I thought this was going to be the one down Hendon - if it is still there.
I thowt it was gonna be the one in Stanley

If you have a look at the next most popular stories it's clear that Oswestry is a veritable hotbed of activity.

Charity box stolen from a shop and some stranded newts for goodness sake.

Nowt funny about that mind. Beyond annoying from the charity's perspective

I agree and I wasn't being insensitive. It was more the typically parochial nature of the top trending stories in the local press upon which I was commenting.

It's similar to the Sunderland Echo poster I once saw outside a newsagents - Shiney Row Man Loses Shed in Garden Fire.

Undoubtedly traumatic for the shed owner but still mildly amusing in a slow news day sort of way.

Or it may just be my sense of humour.

I agree and I wasn't being insensitive. It was more the typically parochial nature of the top trending stories in the local press upon which I was commenting.

It's similar to the Sunderland Echo poster I once saw outside a newsagents - Shiney Row Man Loses Shed in Garden Fire.

Undoubtedly traumatic for the shed owner but still mildly amusing in a slow news day sort of way.

Or it may just be my sense of humour.

It's worthy of "Angry People in Local Newspapers". Like the silly bint that my colleague knows.
Angry People in Local Newspapers

Back