Resident Evil 4 - Remake

Just purchased. Never played a RE game before.
You've made a very wise choice as your introduction. I'd played the first 3 but I fell in love with 4 on the GameCube.
Yeah its really good. Might be rose tinted glasses, but the original looked fantastic on the old CRT TVs.
It was staggering beautiful for a console game at the time. The GameCube was a cracking bit of kit.

Last edited:
You've made a very wise choice as your introduction. I'd played the first 3 but I fell in love with 4 on the GameCube.

It was staggering beautiful for a console game at the time. The GameCube was a cracking bit of kit.

You have to play them in chronological order surely.

I bought a Gamecube to add to my collection and all the RE games for it in the last couple of years. Some of the RE titles are expensive and RE1 is a outstanding remake.

Last edited:
On Chapter 12 now I think. It’s class, never played the original. Such a different game to 2 and 3, much more action packed (and longer).

Also finding it a lot harder, in some areas you can easily get overwhelmed and there’s been a few bits where it’s taken me several goes before I progress.

It's a cracking game and a fitting tribute and even improvement in some areas, over the original. Loved it. Only gripe, they took out some of the really cheesy dialogue from the original -

"Insects´lives can´t be compared to human lives..!" and so forth...

You’re playing as Ada, basically seeing what she got up to whilst Leon caused trouble :lol: Chapters are shorter and there seems to be more ammo/resources available. It’s £8 on the store for reportedly about 4 hours of gameplay, so not bad really.
Thanks sir, I might well have a look this weekend, if I get bored of steering the lads to Master League triumph in PES2021 and a bit of Baldur's Gate 3 thrown in.

Back