Renovating properties

is it still possible to make decent suns flipping properties? Not interested in buy to let just doing them up and selling on. Just wondered what people’s opinions are that have done it?

is it still possible to make decent suns flipping properties? Not interested in buy to let just doing them up and selling on. Just wondered what people’s opinions are that have done it?

Yes is the simple answer. Especially if you've got relevant skills yourself or a team ready to go.

Otherwise it'll depend how much under renevated market value you paid.

I see a lot around here.

Mainly period properties. Total refurb, small extension then back on the market at 150% of what it was bought for.

Very good profit to be made if done right.

It’s something I’ve done previously and would like to do again, not as a living but I’ve a couple of days off a week and it interests me. I have good mates covering all of the trades but I’d like to learn a few more skills

It’s something I’ve done previously and would like to do again, not as a living but I’ve a couple of days off a week and it interests me. I have good mates covering all of the trades but I’d like to learn a few more skills

Sounds like you'll do ok. Look to auctions in decent areas as you don't want to let.

If you were into letting, a mate of mine runs his own business where he'll find an appropriate property for you to buy that will make money for you, then he goes in with a team to do it up to legal letting standards, then his company acts as the letting agency.

They basically do everything for you if you have the money to invest but don't have the time to do any of the work yourself.

I think you must keep the house for at least 6 months before selling. Money laundering requirements. Although there is a loophole , bungalows not included for some obscure reason.

If you were into letting, a mate of mine runs his own business where he'll find an appropriate property for you to buy that will make money for you, then he goes in with a team to do it up to legal letting standards, then his company acts as the letting agency.

They basically do everything for you if you have the money to invest but don't have the time to do any of the work yourself.
who pays for the work? who owns the property?

If you can do the work yourself then yeah, good money, people don't seem to factor in that the hours they put in when discussing their profits though, it's decent if you do it right but most people who can afford to do it will probably earn more just staying in their quite nicely paid job.

Saw a house in North Tyneside recently on Rightmove for 350k that had been done up, checked the prices of properyp sold and the same place had sold a year before for like 150k. There's clearly massive money to be made.

I didn’t know that mate. Is that for cash buyers only?
Would imagine so, but not certain.
I only know cos I did a lot of work for a lady who got pensioned off and set up a property development firm.
She basically followed hearses around and put cheeky bids in for bungalows . Most were shitholes but in nice areas and she did well.

Saw a house in North Tyneside recently on Rightmove for 350k that had been done up, checked the prices of properyp sold and the same place had sold a year before for like 150k. There's clearly massive money to be made.
Yeah and everyone else can see that footprint and they'll not be looking to pay the greedy buggers an extra £200k for about £50k's worth of refurb :lol:.

Back