Relay Theft

I hate keyless entry, but not sure where anyone is going to buy a non-keyless entry car in 2024
Vauxhall Corsa doesn't have keyless entry.
On lots of cars you can turn off the keyless entry. Check the manual or search online to find what to do.
Or get the dealer to do it when you buy the car.

Aye. Same here. Your Range Rover is never safe.

I did see a video of a Rolls Royce getting lifted by this method the other day. £250k+ car and won’t spend a tenner to keep the keys safe.
Our lasses dad has just tried to trade in his 17 plate Land Rover. Was offered £200. I've told him to just leave the keys in the ignition wherever he parks it.

Aye. Same here. Your Range Rover is never safe.

I did see a video of a Rolls Royce getting lifted by this method the other day. £250k+ car and won’t spend a tenner to keep the keys safe.

Every Range Rover since about 2018 has used ultra wide band technology.

They are still getting nicked in numbers but it’s not through relay theft. It’s effectively impossible to relay a UWB car.

To be honest though the historical deterrents are still the best. Stick a bright yellow diskloc on your steering wheel (Not Croc Lock) and pedal clamps and most thieves would just walk away.

They can be broken but your talking 15+ minutes with power tools and a hell of a lot of noise and attention.

Back