Rehan Ahmed

Hit some boundaries today like

He looks too raw too play like in test cricket but he’s with the right management, who will back up when he is going for runs

I imagine he will playing white ball cricket very soon

I think this spells the end of Matt Parkinson’s international future for the next few years, the amount of uproar about his non inclusion was crackers on Twitter by people who had seen a few YouTube clips. Morgan, Stokes, silverwood, root, mccullum and more saw a lot of him and didn’t think he was good enough.

Hit some boundaries today like

He looks too raw too play like in test cricket but he’s with the right management, who will back up when he is going for runs

I imagine he will playing white ball cricket very soon

I think this spells the end of Matt Parkinson’s international future for the next few years, the amount of uproar about his non inclusion was crackers on Twitter by people who had seen a few YouTube clips. Morgan, Stokes, silverwood, root, mccullum and more saw a lot of him and didn’t think he was good enough.
Parky looked fine on his debut on a non Turner at Lord's imo

barely bowled, we wont see him again for a while like

he bowls so slow like, and he cant bat or field. dont think he is international level meself as it stands
He was slower than I think he needs to be for test cricket, Rashid was similar, but his control for a leg spinner was far better than expected.

Sadly not many leggies make it in decent standard first class crucket never mind test cricket. Now you have the distraction of t20 which is ideal for leggies thrn its going to be even more difficult.
Even Rehan at Leicestershre is trusted to play t20 but only got selected for 2 championship matches where they prefered a steady eddy left arm orthodox.

He was slower than I think he needs to be for test cricket, Rashid was similar, but his control for a leg spinner was far better than expected.

He’s a lot slower than Rashid mind

He was in so many squads in both formats and nobody fancied him

The fact he’s fallen behind an 18 year old with 3 first class games says a lot for me

Excellent again by key

Basically, they think his skills can develop quicker in this test set up than in CC

Plus if they get him in early they might not totally lose him to franchise cricket

Very smart

Last edited:
Slightly crouched with his bat half lifted
Well done. I was aware that if I had asked, ‘where does he bat?’, I probably would have got the reply, ‘Leicestershire’.
What is his batting position?
To answer my own question, he batted at Number Five for Leicestershire in his most recent full game for them.

Last edited:
Congratulations on young Rehan Ahmed!!

Youngest English Test Cricketer :cool:

Hopefully not a one cap wonder :eek:

@Liverpool Beachball get the match thread up lad ;)
As the BBC Sport website is keen to point out: 'He will not be the youngest person to play a Test for England - left-arm spinner Holly Colvin was 15 years and 336 days when she played for the women's team against Australia in 2005.' :lol:

Back