Referee comes out

That's initially a funny point, but thinking more seriously, it's a really important one.
I think the overall message here is that the actions of our dear neighbours up the road involvement with the Saudis, may create situations that they never even considered.

Their heads are so deep in the sand ( no pun intended ) that they won't be considering things like that anytime soon

Adcock. Brilliant, just brilliant. Life is funnier than fiction.

Joking aside, well done James. Hopefully some actual players will follow, because haway, what is it, 92 teams, squads of about 30?
Lad at my school called Alcock :-

Teacher: What's your name Son?
Lad: Alcock
Teacher: No need to brag lad...

Cue hysterics, probably wouldn't get away with it nowadays.

Adcock. Brilliant, just brilliant. Life is funnier than fiction.

Joking aside, well done James. Hopefully some actual players will follow, because haway, what is it, 92 teams, squads of about 30?
Works out to about 2,760 players. It was once quoted that 10% of each sex is probably gay.
276 players.
Tough ask for them all to come out, but if they knew most of us watching don't give a shit, and would not abuse them, it would make their decision easier.

If a ref can, surely a player could.
Think people would be surprised at how many gay referees there are in English football. I know of at least one Premier league ref and several in the football league that are gay but not ‘officially’ announced it.

If a ref can, surely a player could.
In this day and age there should be no issue if a player announces he is gay, it's not like our society is like Saudi Arabia. Well apart from up the road now.

Back