Red Dwarf: the promised land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the first 3 or 4 series and the books were excellent, even when Grant and Naylor split to write separate finales. Found the later series to be a bit silly. Haven't watched them in years

Loved the first 3 or 4 series and the books were excellent, even when Grant and Naylor split to write separate finales. Found the later series to be a bit silly. Haven't watched them in years
When Rob Grant left, the comedy did as well. Although Doug Naylor's son has since taken over a lot of the burdon, so there's been a slight return to form over the last few years. Doug Naylor wanting to turn Red Dwarf into a sci fi epic, adding female characters, losing the studio audience and doing a monster of the week gimmick sucked the life out of it.

When Rob Grant left, the comedy did as well. Although Doug Naylor's son has since taken over a lot of the burdon, so there's been a slight return to form over the last few years. Doug Naylor wanting to turn Red Dwarf into a sci fi epic, adding female characters, losing the studio audience and doing a monster of the week gimmick sucked the life out of it.
That explains the narrative of the Last Human which I thought was an excellent book if not in keeping with the usual RD style

Enjoyed it. Half a dozen big daft laughs in there.

All we were missing was Ace Rimmer.

Enjoyed it. Half a dozen big daft laughs in there.

All we were missing was Ace Rimmer.
But we got Diamond Light Rimmer
I always wanted them to produce more books, the 4 they did were all really good reads. (Well they were back in the day)
Just found this, getting it orderd now.
The Quanderhorn Xperimentations by Rob Grant and Andrew Marshall
Book

Last edited by a moderator:
But we got Diamond Light Rimmer
I always wanted them to produce more books, the 4 they did were all really good reads. (Well they were back in the day)
Just found this, getting it orderd now.
The Quanderhorn Xperimentations by Rob Grant and Andrew Marshall
Book
That was a 6 part radio 4 series last year.

There's also Colony, which was decent, and Incompetence, which I've just ordered off Amazon.
It was filmed with a live audience.
I think it was filmed and shown to a live audience, sometimes the actors don't respond to the laughs. Like series VII.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back