Recovery time from Plantar Fasciitis

just wondering if anybody has had problems with Plantar Fasciitis in the past, and how long does it usually take for symptoms to subside?
Was given 2 week fit note by my GP, then went back on restrictions and built up hours over the weeks. Physio started more or less straight away, which helped releive the symptoms, but make sure you get a referral to a Podiatrist, they will get you appropriate corrective insoles. This will help you stop this from reocciring.

just wondering if anybody has had problems with Plantar Fasciitis in the past, and how long does it usually take for symptoms to subside?
Had it in both feet at the same time for months in 2019, trip to the foot clinic at Southwick green sorted me with some insoles for shoes and exercises such as heel drops and calf stretches and it's sorted it since.

Was given 2 week fit note by my GP, then went back on restrictions and built up hours over the weeks. Physio started more or less straight away, which helped releive the symptoms, but make sure you get a referral to a Podiatrist, they will get you appropriate corrective insoles. This will help you stop this from reocciring.

I have had none of that when I visited my GP surgery last week, told what it was, to rest (easier said than done) treat area with ice pack and roll foot over a plastic bottle.

Had to look into getting corrective insoles myself.
Mine took months and months…bloody painful mind

Aye definitely painful, honestly thought the first seven days that I had broken something in my foot. Walking up Westgate Road from Central Station to work took some doing!

Last edited:
I have had none of that when I visited my GP surgery last week, told what it was, to rest (easier said than done) treat area with ice pack and roll foot over a plastic bottle.

Aye definitely painful, honestly thought the first seven days that I had broken something in my foot. Walking up Westgate Road from Central Station to work took some doing!
They reckon mine was the shoe type I was wearing such as Adidas gazelles and short stretched calfs. If you can roll your foot over frozen can of coke or golf ball etc it will help as well.

Remember at its worse I was having to go down the stairs on my arse..

Flop flops brought mine on, roll a tennis ball or golf ball on area and ice. Wear supportive comfortable shoes. Depends on each case, mine went after a week but couldnt walk on it for 4 or 5 days.

Insoles in Sambas made my legs ache years ago, there’s an extra bit of foam that presses on the arch.

Took them out, pulled the foam bits off, stuck them back in problem solved.

They reckon mine was the shoe type I was wearing such as Adidas gazelles and short stretched calfs. If you can roll your foot over frozen can of coke or golf ball etc it will help as well.

I have worn Doc Martin boots for years and never had any bother, changed to different type of foot ware for a week and this happens, now cannot walk in DMs at the moment 🤬

Ordered some compression footsleeves and Dr Scholl’s orthotic insoles for boots, so hoping that will help.

Do they have a bit of extra foam on the insoles?
Pull it off if they do. 👍

I’ve just been speculating I might have this. Bad pain in heel/arch when I get up after sitting down. Had it a few weeks now. Does that sound right?

I’ve just been speculating I might have this. Bad pain in heel/arch when I get up after sitting down. Had it a few weeks now. Does that sound right?
Feels like your standing on a nail, worse first thing on a morning and long periods seated, then aye its that or heel spur possibly. Mind im no doctor !

Back