Recommend me a workout / diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryChest

Central Defender
ive just started going to the gym anybody got any workouts for me or any tips on what to eat etc as i havnt got a clue

im about 11 stone, fairly skinny if that helps at all, just want to put abit muscle on

cheers

I'm about 6 foot mate

People always say eat pasta, rice and oats etc, only problem is... I don't like any of that stuff

I'm about 6 foot mate

People always say eat pasta, rice and oats etc, only problem is... I don't like any of that stuff

& You really don't have to either.

See this thread for an estimation of caloric requirements:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=690756

Then make sure you are getting around 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight and make sure you're getting plenty of fat, around 0.5-1g per lb of bodyweight is a good number and fill the rest of your calorie requirement with carbs.

At 6ft and 11 st I would start eating a lot. Titus knows his stuff better than me, but my advice would be protein and lots of it!!!

At 6ft and 11 st I would start eating a lot. Titus knows his stuff better than me, but my advice would be protein and lots of it!!!

That's not going to make him magically grow any more than if he was getting the calories from any other macronutrient mate, providing 'minimum' protein is hit.

You could start the day off with a nice protein shake consisting off full fat milk, peanut butter and chocolate whey.

That's not going to make him magically grow any more than if he was getting the calories from any other macronutrient mate, providing 'minimum' protein is hit.

Judging by how most people I know eat, he won't be hitting near enough protein imo. Most people I know don't get anywhere near.

Saying that, I need to read some of your info on all of this stuff as I thought I was clued up but clearly not.

Saying that, I'm gaining muscle at the minute and it is working but cleaning it up a bit in about 4 weeks or so to try and cut a bit of fat but think I've dropped a bit anyway as I'm the same weight as before I started and definitely gained.

Judging by how most people I know eat, he won't be hitting near enough protein imo. Most people I know don't get anywhere near.

Saying that, I need to read some of your info on all of this stuff as I thought I was clued up but clearly not.

Saying that, I'm gaining muscle at the minute and it is working but cleaning it up a bit in about 4 weeks or so to try and cut a bit of fat but think I've dropped a bit anyway as I'm the same weight as before I started and definitely gained.

In comparison to most sedentary or lightly active people, you're right he likely won't be consuming 'enough' protein, but 'enough' is actually a lot lower than a lot of people believe tbh.

You could start the day off with a nice protein shake consisting off full fat milk, peanut butter and chocolate whey.

I think most people would rather eat food tbh like. After my run this morning I went for a toasted peanut butter sandwich with spicy chilli peanuts and peanut m&ms, was surprisingly nice and around 550kcal :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers everyone!

& You really don't have to either.
See this thread for an estimation of caloric requirements:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=690756

Then make sure you are getting around 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight and make sure you're getting plenty of fat, around 0.5-1g per lb of bodyweight is a good number and fill the rest of your calorie requirement with carbs.

ive worked this out and i think i got 2421, which works out as 140g protein and 100g fat per day, any idea on the amount of carbs i should be having? cheers

cheers everyone!

ive worked this out and i think i got 2421, which works out as 140g protein and 100g fat per day, any idea on the amount of carbs i should be having? cheers

Around 250 or so mate, but you could always play around with it and find something that you enjoy best.

Cheers. Any rough suggestions on what do eat? So far I've had a protein shake for breakfast and then had some turkey for dinner

I think most people would rather eat food tbh like. After my run this morning I went for a toasted peanut butter sandwich with spicy chilli peanuts and peanut m&ms, was surprisingly nice and around 550kcal :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hope Harry doesn't have a nut allergy!! :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back