Recipes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambezz

Winger
May have been tried before, but I struggle to think of decent healthy meals I can actually do (being shite at cooking).

If anyone has any healthy recipes feel free to post them in here :-D

chicken thighs take the skin off, dry rub with cajun, cayenne, tikka, curry powder, sugar and salt(not much), in the oven, whatever rice you want, uncle bens 2 minute job if you can't be bothered.

about 5 minutes labour and 35 minutes in the oven.

done.

plenty dry rub on it will crisp up like fried chicken.:cool:

use breast if your a women

Marinade chicken in soy sauce or balsamic vinegar with garlic etc overnignt. Bake in oven for 20ish mins. Boil a pot of quinoa, toast pine nuts and combine with quinoa then fry some garlic and put that in squeeze over some lemon. Serve with green veg

Get a wok !!

Stir frying is dead quick and easy

My quickie dinner - not sure how particularly healthy is is like but is dead nice:

put a small handful of egg noddles into the wok with boiling water for 5 mins, then drain into a sieve

at the same time chop up onions, garlic, chilli, ginger, mushrooms, brocolli, cabbage, spring onion, peppers (basically anything vaguely healthy in the fridge) - and a bit of meat (chicken is probs healthiest - unsmoked bacon is my favourite for this though). A handful of frozen peas / sweetcorn normally goes dead well with this too

Dry down the wok, slap a bit of oil then fry away (some bits take a bit longer than others - start with the meat usually though )

When the veg is fried sling in the noodles, pop in a dash of soy sauce - stir it all together and your ready to go

you can do this all with fresh ingredients from start to finish in about 10 mins ( bit longer if you use chicken rather than bacon, just to be on the safe side of salmonella ;) )

My wife used to be a Slimming World consultant so I make loads of the recipes. At the weekend I did sweet potato and spinach curry. Serves 4

Wife's a veggie, I cooked some chicken separately and stirred it into mine at the end.

750g sweet potato cut into small cubes
300g frozen spinach(thawed and drained thoroughly)
2 garlic cloves
300ml veg stock
2 red chillies, diced
1tbsp on curry powder

Put the stock and potatoes in a saucepan and cook for 10 mins.

Add everything else and cook for 5 mins.
Check the sweet potato is cooked.
Serve with rice

Piece of piss and tastes brilliant!

Last edited:
My wife used to be a Slimming World consultant so I make loads of the recipes. At the weekend I did sweet potato and spinach curry. Serves 4

Wife's a veggie, I cooked some chicken separately and stirred it into mine at the end.

750g sweet potato cut into small cubes
300g frozen spinach(thawed and drained thoroughly)
2 garlic cloves
300ml veg stock
2 red chillies, diced
1tbsp on curry powder

Put the stock and potatoes in a saucepan and cook for 10 mins.

Add everything else and cook for 5 mins.
Check the sweet potato is cooked.
Serve with rice

Piece of piss and tastes brilliant!

I'll give that a try this week it looks easy, get some more up off your lass and preferably with pics of her cooking in nothing but the apron.

I'll give that a try this week it looks easy, get some more up off your lass and preferably with pics of her cooking in nothing but the apron.

Just realised I forgot about the carton of passata. Goes in at same time as garlic, spinach etc

Got this from the slimmingworld website, made it the other day and turned out really well:

Ingredients:
Fry Light
Steak (all visible fat removed & cut into chunks)
1 large onion, chopped
Mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Paprika
Jar flame-roasted peppers in vinegar, drained and chopped
1 level tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp beef bovril concentrate
Dried tagliatelle
4 tbsp fat-free yoghurt
Small handful of fresh chives, chopped

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180c
Heat a frying pan sprayed with fry light, fry the beef until browned, transfer to a flameproof casserole dish.
Spray the pan with more fry light, cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for another 5 minutes, adding the paprika for the final minute.
Add these to the casserole dish, along with the peppers, tomato puree, bovril and ½ pt boiling water and stir over the heat until simmering. Cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
Cook the tagliatelli according to pack instructions, and serve with the goulash. Top with yoghurt, sprinkle with chives and a pinch of paprika.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back