Reacher - new series Amazon

Are the books any good?
Very formulaic and who can blame him when you have a winning formula.

I’ve read them all. Easy reading and they normally go along the the lines of :

Reacher gets off a bus and goes into a diner for a coffee

Some taratinoesque rambling about coffee or pie.

Sees some form of oppressed person normally a woman

Intervenes and belts a few baddies

Over the course of the next few chapters the baddies cunning plan emerges and reacher smashes more of them up.

He humps some woman, foils the plot, never get in trouble for all the violence

Gets on a bus

Repeat until you are a millionaire.

Over the course of the next few chapters the baddies cunning plan emerges and reacher smashes more of them up.

Gets on a bus

Don’t listen to this nonsense.

Yes the books are excellent. Very varied plots, keep you gripped all the way through

Gets on a bus

I always find it funny that the archytpal all American hero is the idea of an English writer!

Don’t listen to this nonsense.

Yes the books are excellent. Very varied plots, keep you gripped all the way through
They're the very definition of a 'page turner'.

Although the lad in the TV version is more like Reacher than teeny-tiny-Tom ever could be, I still imagine the character to be less muscle-bound, but bigger - long arms and legs, broad across the chest, git big square heed, massive feet.

The book version doesn't like driving because he doesn't fit easily into the driving seat of a car.

They're the very definition of a 'page turner'.

Although the lad in the TV version is more like Reacher than teeny-tiny-Tom ever could be, I still imagine the character to be less muscle-bound, but bigger - long arms and legs, broad across the chest, git big square heed, massive feet.

The book version doesn't like driving because he doesn't fit easily into the driving seat of a car.
Yeah he shouldn’t be as toned as he is, decent figure but more podgy but with the strength of a bull

They've done the lone stranger comes to town and sorts out the bad lads in series 1. Series 2 was the ensemble piece with his old unit.

I think series 3 might be one of the flashback books where he investigates something when he was actually still in the army (The Enemy or Deep Down?) Either that or the one where he ends up in the UK (Personal).
3rd series is going to be based on Persuader apparently

Yeah he shouldn’t be as toned as he is, decent figure but more podgy but with the strength of a bull
I didn’t realise living like a Harold Ramp eating crisps from vending machines gave you the physique of a professional weightlifter, will have to give it a go

Likewise rocking up to charity shops gets you an XXXL carharrt jacket and perfectly fitted gear
Think it’s class me. Proper switch your brain off entertainment. The lad who plays Reacher should get the Batman role in Gunn’s DC universe.
He’d be the best Batman since Adam West, miles ahead of Robert Pattinson or Broken Ben Affleck

Last edited:
There came a point when I thought I’d read enough Reacher books. I kept going though. Until I couldn’t really be arsed anymore.

The wait for the final episode has made me realise I’m at the point with the telly version.

Not a criticism of the quality or owt. It was never meant to win golden globes. And nobody’s jumping any sharks because there’s only been two series and the sharks were already jumped via the entire premise.
Are the books any good?
They take about 5 minutes to read If that helps.

Last edited:
There's that many and from that long ago, usually pick them up in charity shops pretty cheap
I’ve read a few on holiday as they always seem to be available in hotel libraries where people have read them and leave them. Maybe they buy them in the airport and have almost finished them by the time they arrive 🤷‍♂️

They are such an easy read can get through one in a couple of days on the sun bed 🕶️

Back