RE: Photo entered must be taken for the competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

As keeps21 says, it's in the EXIF data. If you don't know how to view this there's a handy little program called Opanda which you can download free that will allow you to right click any picture and view the EXIF. Unless it's been stripped out of course.

Yep, we could always amend the rules so that photos entered must have exif data intact - but we still can't be sure if the exif has been modified or not.

I guess we'd just have to say that people who use shots that weren't taken specifically for the competition are 'only cheating themselves' :lol:

Yep, we could always amend the rules so that photos entered must have exif data intact - but we still can't be sure if the exif has been modified or not.

I guess we'd just have to say that people who use shots that weren't taken specifically for the competition are 'only cheating themselves' :lol:

I thought of that when I wrote the rules but there are so many ways around it, it isn't practical.

If someone wants to cheat then they're going to cheat, although I can't see the point as, as you say, they're only cheating themselves.

My take on it is that it has to be taken after the theme for the month has been announced.

As one of the purposes of the competition is to give motivation and inspiration to get you to pick up your camera and use it.

as someone just getting in to photography it has really got me thinking about different things, even to the stage where I'm getting off the bus and walking back home and looking about for things that would fit in to this months theme and also make a good picture.

Mind you, I'm not sure what'll come first out of me taking a good picture, getting arrested or ending up in cherry knocker :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back