RE: Photo entered must be taken for the competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeps21

Striker
Just a quick question - the rules state that a photo must be taken specifically for the competition.

Say I've got a photo already on my flickr or wherever that would be perfect to enter for aprils comp.

Obviously I can't enter that photo but I presume it's acceptable to re-shoot a similar image again?

I suppose it's a group decision, but fwiw it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

The rules say that the photo must be taken for the competition, so as long as you specifically take a new one for the competition I don't see any problem with you using an existing idea.

You bunch of soft bastards..... this lads got the next one sown up and we're all saying it's ok.

Er, sorry son, if it's that perfect sling your hook and get a new idea :lol:

Only kidding marra, wouldn't bother me at all :cool:

You bunch of soft bastards..... this lads got the next one sown up and we're all saying it's ok.

Er, sorry son, if it's that perfect sling your hook and get a new idea :lol:

Only kidding marra, wouldn't bother me at all :cool:

Haha I wish - only had a camera since christmas so don't have many in my 'library' yet.

I'm struggling for the 'Growth' theme at the minute.

What about if you take a load if different photos specifically for the competition but in advance. Do they have to be taken in the month of the competition?

I have just got back from Scotland and took some decent stuff which I could potentially use in future months.

Is this allowed or not?

My take on it is that it has to be taken after the theme for the month has been announced.

As one of the purposes of the competition is to give motivation and inspiration to get you to pick up your camera and use it.

My take on it is that it has to be taken after the theme for the month has been announced.

As one of the purposes of the competition is to give motivation and inspiration to get you to pick up your camera and use it.

Id agree with that.

Nowt to stop you sharing your Scotland pictures on the board or in the Flickr group though.

how can you tell when a picture is taken?

You can tell by reading the exif data embedded in the image.

Having said that it's easy to edit the exif data and it can easily be stripped out.

So really we'd just have to trust that everyone abides by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back