RAWA - the voice of the people

I can understand why they did what they done.

A few wins and fans' memories are already going :lol: the upturn is fantastic and long may it continue, but our recent poor run and this seasom up until three games ago was a disaster.
The season is never a disaster till the end, if we finish where we are now or lower it will be a disaster, if we get promoted it won’t be

They posted a tweet. The thousands and thousands of other people retweeted it and posted the hashtag and got it trending are what got it noticed. that was your poll. Had no one agreed it wouldn’t have been noticed.

Regardless of how you feel personally they clearly captured the views of the majority.
Well said.

They posted a tweet. The thousands and thousands of other people retweeted it and posted the hashtag and got it trending are what got it noticed. that was your poll. Had no one agreed it wouldn’t have been noticed.

Regardless of how you feel personally they clearly captured the views of the majority.
How did they capture the views of the majority, how many actually retweeted it? I would guess at a small percentage of safc fans

The season is never a disaster till the end, if we finish where we are now or lower it will be a disaster, if we get promoted it won’t be

Don't give me that rubbish. 2 wins in 12 games or whatever it was in league one is simply unacceptable. Frequently change is needed during a season when things can still be salvaged, not at the end when it's generally too late.

Don't give me that rubbish. 2 wins in 12 games or whatever it was in league one is simply unacceptable. Frequently change is needed during a season when things can still be salvaged, not at the end when it's generally too late.
What are you talking about, how is it too late when we are just outside the playoffs 6 points off the top 2 .

They don't represent me, because as an SAFC supporter I don't feel like I need 'representation', I'm not interested in any of that shit tbh, I just want the team to do well.

Having said that, I think they made a serious and naive tactical error in not consulting their members because it gave Stewart Donald a very easy opportunity to do what he has done in the last 24 hours - ie try to turn SAFC fans and groups against each other, to take the heat off his mismanagement.

But I happen to agree with them, and I am glad they challenged him. If it gets rid of him (though I don't think for one minute he will go without the profit he came here for), then great - they deserve heaps of praise.

People getting all high and mighty claiming they are claiming to represent the views of all Sunderland fans without exception don't seem to have read the statement, because nowhere does it say that. It is an opinion that Donald should go, supported by a podcast, a fanzine, a website, and RAWA. It doesn't claim to be anything more or less than that.

Still, once again Donald has done a number on a sizeable proportion of SAFC fans judging by this place tonight.

I can understand why they did what they done.

A few wins and fans' memories are already going :lol: the upturn is fantastic and long may it continue, but our recent poor run and this seasom up until three games ago was a disaster.
A couple of wins and everyone is blaming the fanzines for speaking out when we were sleepwalking to league 2. The club still needs a massive change and the only way that will happen is if the owner sells up and leaves or shows the leadership skills we need.
FFS our owner was at an Oxford game today while we were playing at home, great showing of leadership.

I was on board with this when it started last year and thought it could only be a good thing. Listening to the supporters and putting all valid concerns and points of view towards the club management in structured dialogue. This seemed to be going well from both sides until the last meeting with CM when SD had to step in and re-take the meeting (only what im reading from here)

Anyways my problem now is that RAWA seem to NOT be taking all questions and concerns on board and having structured dialogue with the club and deciding (along with all the other fanzines and supporter groups) that without consultation they have decided that ALL Sunderland supporters want SD to leave the club. I am a member of the RAWA and was not consulted about this hence this is not right and proper in my eyes of 'a voice of the supporters'. On the flipside I think its quite pathetic that SD has decided to sell up because of a faceless twitter campaign but RAWA and the others have not acted in the correct manner to start this off.....on behalf of whom??

I would like some feedback from RAWA from this @Ghandi Floss because I believe you are the spokesman on here so why was a poll or the like not put out for supporter feedback?
Couldn't agree more.
They've turned into a dictatorship and, despite being volunteers, love their perceived power.
They need to be far more democratic.

Agree, seemed a strange decision at a strange time, especially looking at it now.
It could be that they know things we don’t, Gareth from WMS has intimated that on here, so it might be that’s the reason.
If that's the case then don't you think that they should share it and let people make up their own minds.

far too much cloak and dagger shit going on at the moment.

Back