RAWA public meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeeed

Winger
@Ghandi Floss is on holiday so you're stuck with me as RAWA representation.

Public meeting to discuss the best way forward re the current shit show on January 16th. Details as follows;

Post | redandwhitearmy

We are all collectively at ours wits end and we'd love as many people as possible to come along and agree a way forward. Registration details included in the link.

Forgive me if I don't reply to anything quickly, I'm out on the piss.

Paul.

@Ghandi Floss is on holiday so you're stuck with me as RAWA representation.

Public meeting to discuss the best way forward re the current shit show on January 16th. Details as follows;

Post | redandwhitearmy

We are all collectively at ours wits end and we'd love as many people as possible to come along and agree a way forward. Registration details included in the link.

Forgive me if I don't reply to anything quickly, I'm out on the piss.

Paul.
Can we have Emma Peel instead?

There must be a fan who is suitably qualified to have a senior operations type role and who regularly attending games so understands first hand the frustrations and what needs to be sorted who the club could employ? If SD is running things and quite hands on then employ someone who can be that link between the fans, the club and who understands what we all need as well as understanding the limitations the club have to work within. Put people who genuinely care about the club in positions where they can influence things and sort out some the mess they’ve created.

If you haven't clicked through here is the RAWA statement in full.
The Red and White Army will be holding an open meeting for members on Thursday 16th January at 6.30pm upstairs at The Peacock.

You can register for the event here if you are a member of RAWA.

Supporters are rightly concerned about the current state of our club and the direction it seems to be heading in.

Many fans are expressing their concern at the club's football strategy, from recruitment to the management team, and at those making the decisions at the top. There is a feeling amongst the fanbase that there seems to be a lack of ambition and an incoherent approach.

Supporters are also troubled about the club's finances and governance. The owner has offered explanations in these matters a number of times in radio interviews and in a recent meeting with RAWA and other supporter groups. However, this has not allayed the fears of many fans. They are also concerned about fundamental issues such as the day-to-day running of the club. RAWA asked the club to share an organisation structure chart at the meeting on 4th December to help clarify this.

You can read the minutes of that meeting here.

At the meeting on 16th January RAWA invite members to come along to The Peacock to discuss what we as a democratic, independent supporters group can and should do. Amongst growing unrest, disatisfaction and disilusionment, what can supporters do? How can we influence improvement and change and what specifically should we be calling for?

RAWA has been in existence for two years now. We hope one day we will hold an open meeting to celebrate something positive. As things stand though, this is the lowest point in the club's history. Sunderland fans have kept the faith in difficult circumstances and we have tried to help rekindle the club these past two years. The direction of the club is threatening to erode the hope and support of the most loyal and most optimistic among us.

It's simply not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back