Ravi Bopara

Status
Not open for further replies.

hudson88

Striker
Back in the England squad for Champions Trophy :lol::lol:

Full squad: Cook, Anderson, Bairstow, Bell, Bopara, Bresnan, Broad, Buttler, Finn, Morgan, Root, Swann, Tredwell, Trott, Woakes.

Last edited:

Dernbach omitted.

Good, been poor of late.

I'd have had Prior in there, probably instead of Bopara. Why he keeps getting ignored in ODIs is beyond me (unless I'm being thick and haven't noticed he has made himself unavailable?)

How Bopara gets yet another chance I do not know :lol:

I'd be amazed if he plays a single game. Or rather, I bloody hope he doesn't play a single game.

Good, been poor of late.

I'd have had Prior in there, probably instead of Bopara. Why he keeps getting ignored in ODIs is beyond me (unless I'm being thick and haven't noticed he has made himself unavailable?)

An ODI average of 24 from 68 games with only 3 50s is probably why. Scoring runs quickly is different in limited overs game to the red ball game. As Durham showed yesterday :lol:

Good, been poor of late.

Cook - Essex factor
Nasser Hussain - Sky - Essex factor
Sky wank over him factor.

He's f***ing average.

Cook - Essex factor
Nasser Hussain - Sky - Essex factor
Sky wank over him factor.

He's f***ing average.

What's Hussain got to do with it? :lol:

So it's between him, Woakes and Bresnan for the number 7 spot? Bairstow first reserve for the batting line up and I'd assume Bopara's 3rd in that little list.

What's Hussain got to do with it? :lol:

So it's between him, Woakes and Bresnan for the number 7 spot? Bairstow first reserve for the batting line up and I'd assume Bopara's 3rd in that little list.

One of Sky's top commentators, still "in" with the Eng set up it seems.

Just adding it to the long list of reasons why that nugget still gets picked at International level.

I'd be amazed if he plays a single game. Or rather, I bloody hope he doesn't play a single game.

An ODI average of 24 from 68 games with only 3 50s is probably why. Scoring runs quickly is different in limited overs game to the red ball game. As Durham showed yesterday :lol:

How long since he has played a ODI though?

Always looks in good form for Sussex in CB40 games or T20 games recently, and if Bopara can keep getting chance after chance after chance, surely players like Prior who have improved massively in test cricket deserve the chance to show what they can do in the short format again.

Just can't believe Bopara is being given yet another go, it's not even as if he's scoring runs for Essex

I'm fuming at this, staggering decision, he's never ever delivered , surely someone else was worth a go, there is some cracking young cricketers about

What a ridicules point of view

Think I'm a typical Mackem to be honest. Support the locals, resent the national team. What have England done for Durham other than take our players (or stop them playing) at key times and ruin Plunketts bowling action?

Then there's the media that couldn't wait to slate Colly when he had a poor inenings yet wank over southerners like Bopara, Shah, Finn, etc.

For me, it's Durham 100%, sod England and the ECB

Last edited:
Think I'm a typical Mackem to be honest. Support the locals, resent the national team. What have England done for Durham other than take our players (or stop them playing) at key times and ruin Plunketts bowling action?

Then there's the media that couldn't wait to slate Colly when he had a poor inenings yet wank over southerners like Bopara, Shah, Finn, etc.

For me, it's Durham 100%, sod England and the ECB

So you won't be watching this summer then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back