Rashid signs white ball Yorkshire contract

No more red ball cricket

Joins Buttler who has played five first class matches in two summers and Morgan who hasn’t played any since 2015

Sad times
Agreed. Though England at test level employed Rashid in the windies as a drinks waiter under Moores.

Interesting move, talks about it just being for this year at the moment.
Perhaps not expecting to play any tests for England this year and so doesn't see 1st class cricket having any positive impact on his one day stuff.
If England win a world tournament in the back of Rashid it'll be a good decision

May as well focus on the World Cup and performing to get picked up by ipl teams. Absolutely laughable handling of him by England.

I mean him bottling that championship game was poor on his half. But thinking mason crane is better than him doesn’t even comprehend.

Rashid and batty are the only real stalwart spinners in county cricket. And the former definitely has the ability to play all formats for England.

Plus rash has what England love and that is being an all rounder with as decent county batting record as moeen, batting in division one compared to moeen division two

Last edited:
Shame, he should be in the test side IMO, and if he was getting a chance this wouldn't have happened. Yet because of the way he's been treated he see's no point in playing county cricket, when there is a chance to go and make good money. Can't blame him really

Interesting that everyone is assuming he's quitting red ball cricket because he wasn't picked for England, and not the other way round.

YCCC should have told him to fuck off. If you don't want to play CC cricket you have no place here.

That would've been my first thought to be honest. But then doing that would only mean he'd end up at a rival.

Probably save Yorkshire money in the long run anyway won't it? Surely they're not paying him as much as they would if he was available for all forms of cricket.......

That would've been my first thought to be honest. But then doing that would only mean he'd end up at a rival.

Probably save Yorkshire money in the long run anyway won't it? Surely they're not paying him as much as they would if he was available for all forms of cricket.......
Have to say my stance has softened since initially reading the news, thought he was taking the piss at first but has given his reasons on the club website, and i think it's fair enough. Says he hasn't been enjoying four day cricket for a while and wants to focus on giving his all in his favoured format. It's a shame but I respect his reasoning.

Shame, he should be in the test side IMO, and if he was getting a chance this wouldn't have happened. Yet because of the way he's been treated he see's no point in playing county cricket, when there is a chance to go and make good money. Can't blame him really
38 wickets at 42 and has a habit of going round the park, You can see why the current regime picked Ali ahead of him.

How many leg spinners or off spinners have England ruined since 2000?
I know he didn't set the world alight on debut, but Zafar was really highly regarded at Surrey and viewed as an England regular in the future, and he did an interview just after retiring where he very much hinted that ECB and England set up made his mind up for him.

Interesting that everyone is assuming he's quitting red ball cricket because he wasn't picked for England, and not the other way round.

Considering he was playing red ball cricket last season and still overlooked in favour of Crane, I would say your apologism is misplaced.

He was dropped because he failed to 'hold down an end' in India.

As seen with Wood, our selectors have form for pigeon holing players as red and white ball cricketers, even when they have signaled their availability for both formats.

Considering he was playing red ball cricket last season and still overlooked in favour of Crane, I would say your apologism is misplaced.

He was dropped because he failed to 'hold down an end' in India.

As seen with Wood, our selectors have form for pigeon holing players as red and white ball cricketers, even when they have signaled their availability for both formats.

Can't help yourself. :lol:

Or it could be that his first class record is a bit meh, he only played half of Yorkshire's CC games last season and only took 10 wickets. Plus he's only ever played Test cricket in friendly Asian conditions, and for the most part hasn't really done it.

What have we seen with Wood? That he's been injured?

Back