Rare/collectable SAFC replica shirts

So this is my rare shirt that I've had in my possession for decades. It's the iconic 91/94 Hummel away shirt with one obvious difference. The sponsor is Nissan as opposed to VAUX. Unlike the iron on felt Vaux lettering, the Nissan logo is within the shirts fabric (essentially like the 1997 Avec shirts). It's a genuine Hummel shirt with an embroidery club badge meaning this was intended for players only.

Now I've tried to work out the origin of this shirt some years ago. From correspondence with fans, club historian Rob Mason & even Hummel. None of yielded any definitive answers. Nissan sadly didn't respond to my e-mails.

That said the overall consensus was that the shirt was produced for the local Nissan football team who played in one of the Northern leagues. However when I researched this lead I couldn't find any imagery or evidence of its existence.

Another theory was that the shirt was produced for the clubs Youth team. However through old programmes & annuals I still haven't seen any evidence of its use, only the Vaux logo version.

So it very much remains an enigma. I posted about this nearly a decade ago on this forum so as we're talking about rare shirts I thought I'd share again. It's a treasured item amongst my collection & I'm hopeful a definitive answer will be unearthed.

At least it showcases how incredible a Nissan sponsorship would have looked.

View media item 12404
View media item 12403
View media item 12402
That looks class with nissan sponsor.

So this is my rare shirt that I've had in my possession for decades. It's the iconic 91/94 Hummel away shirt with one obvious difference. The sponsor is Nissan as opposed to VAUX. Unlike the iron on felt Vaux lettering, the Nissan logo is within the shirts fabric (essentially like the 1997 Avec shirts). It's a genuine Hummel shirt with an embroidery club badge meaning this was intended for players only.

Now I've tried to work out the origin of this shirt some years ago. From correspondence with fans, club historian Rob Mason & even Hummel. None of yielded any definitive answers. Nissan sadly didn't respond to my e-mails.

That said the overall consensus was that the shirt was produced for the local Nissan football team who played in one of the Northern leagues. However when I researched this lead I couldn't find any imagery or evidence of its existence.

Another theory was that the shirt was produced for the clubs Youth team. However through old programmes & annuals I still haven't seen any evidence of its use, only the Vaux logo version.

So it very much remains an enigma. I posted about this nearly a decade ago on this forum so as we're talking about rare shirts I thought I'd share again. It's a treasured item amongst my collection & I'm hopeful a definitive answer will be unearthed.

At least it showcases how incredible a Nissan sponsorship would have looked.

View media item 12404
View media item 12403
View media item 12402

Unreal that mate.

I wonder if there was a Nissan Tournament back then and the sponsor on the shirt was changed.

Back