Random matches 189

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clean Bristow

Oldham 2-1 SAFC 1989...
Mate of mine drove us down in his Honda Jazz aka the rollerboot. We dossed right next to Main road on the night-time at a student mates house, 4 of us on the living room floor.
Driving home the next day and the driver and front seat passenger got into an argument about what cassette was to be played. The driver then pulled the car keys out going about 30 mph, the steering lock came eon and we ended up on the verge but luckily didn't tip.
Iirc Gary Owers scored for us and as usual it was freezing cold at Oldham.

Can remember Tim Carter (RIP) getting lobbed by Andy Ritchie. Went to Bentleys when we got back to Sunderland.

Can remember Tim Carter (RIP) getting lobbed by Andy Ritchie. Went to Bentleys when we got back to Sunderland.
Good player that Ritchie as was Roger Palmer. We had loads of problems with Oldham on the field in those few years.

I thought this had some random factor, relating to a home game with Oldham (a few games before McMenemy departed)

Also in the mid-1980s another similar hooligan bond had developed between the CCS and the newly formed Fine Young Casuals (FYC) associated with Oldham Athletic[25][48] and in March 1987 the Hibs boys were invited to travel with them to their game against Sunderland at Roker Park. They had arranged to meet up in Newcastle railway station but the English police had already prevented a large section of the Oldham crew from travelling north so when the CCS arrived at the station they held the superior numbers. The police immediately rounded up the Hibs casuals and put them on the next train bound for Edinburgh and walked away assuming job done. However the Hibs mob duly exited the train via the windows onto the track, left the station and then returned to catch the train to Sunderland in time with their Oldham allies.

After the match the joint mob of Hibs and Oldham fought a series of running battles with Sunderland's crew all the way from Roker Park to the railway station. When the police eventually arrived the Hibs boys avoided being corralled with the Oldham lads and watched as Sunderland's mob entered the station. The CCS followed them and the two gangs clashed on one of the platforms. On the way back to Newcastle on the train there were some of the Sunderland hooligans in the same carriage as the Hibs boys whom they praised for their efforts that day. They also asked the CCS to join up with them during their upcoming mid-week game with Leeds United but this offer was declined.
[8]

I thought this had some random factor, relating to a home game with Oldham (a few games before McMenemy departed)

Also in the mid-1980s another similar hooligan bond had developed between the CCS and the newly formed Fine Young Casuals (FYC) associated with Oldham Athletic[25][48] and in March 1987 the Hibs boys were invited to travel with them to their game against Sunderland at Roker Park. They had arranged to meet up in Newcastle railway station but the English police had already prevented a large section of the Oldham crew from travelling north so when the CCS arrived at the station they held the superior numbers. The police immediately rounded up the Hibs casuals and put them on the next train bound for Edinburgh and walked away assuming job done. However the Hibs mob duly exited the train via the windows onto the track, left the station and then returned to catch the train to Sunderland in time with their Oldham allies.

After the match the joint mob of Hibs and Oldham fought a series of running battles with Sunderland's crew all the way from Roker Park to the railway station. When the police eventually arrived the Hibs boys avoided being corralled with the Oldham lads and watched as Sunderland's mob entered the station. The CCS followed them and the two gangs clashed on one of the platforms. On the way back to Newcastle on the train there were some of the Sunderland hooligans in the same carriage as the Hibs boys whom they praised for their efforts that day. They also asked the CCS to join up with them during their upcoming mid-week game with Leeds United but this offer was declined.
[8]
Fine young casuals is a great name

[8]
Was this written by Hans Christian Mac Anderson ?

Oldham 2-1 SAFC 1989...
Mate of mine drove us down in his Honda Jazz aka the rollerboot. We dossed right next to Main road on the night-time at a student mates house, 4 of us on the living room floor.
Driving home the next day and the driver and front seat passenger got into an argument about what cassette was to be played. The driver then pulled the car keys out going about 30 mph, the steering lock came eon and we ended up on the verge but luckily didn't tip.
oldham game, remember getting kept in at final whistle got kept in for a few minutes or so, pa played sidney youngblood ' if only i could ' and the whole end was having a bit jack allance ( obviously warming up for bentleys, ku, annabelles, finos etc ) .

Oldham 2-1 SAFC 1989...

I'd walked out before Owers scored late on. Shit game on plastic pitch.

Not that game but Oldham the previous season was I think. I was at the game Bristow has mentioned but I don’t think with him. My memory is shite but remember Warhursts lob clearly. All 3 goals were lobs over the keeper.
Think you were with me, we dossed at Andy Grays student digs right outside Man City. AW was the passenger arguing about the smiths when witty pulled the keys out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back