Random England players of the 90s

Adam Hollioake was one of the worst examples of playing for the right county. He was bloody awful. Bopara just the same.
His brother was much better, certainly with the bat. Not great with the ball either, but compared with Adam always shone. AH seemed to be preferred not just because of playing for Surrey, but being their captain too.

Can't recall if Mark Ealham has been mentioned, but a classic example of knocking a few runs down the order and bowling some unspectacular medium pace.

It's probably my mind playing tricks with me (possibly mistaking his first name), but wasn't there a Johnny Morris who played 1 or 2 tests? I remember humming the theme to Animal Magic but it could've been for a NatWest Trophy Final or something.

Richard Blakey
Hates Jos Buttler ;)
Robert Croft. 21 matches, 49 wickets at 37.24, before being replaced by the even less dangerous Ashley Giles.

Steve Watkin, 3 tests, 11 wickets at 27.73. Bizarre he wasn't given more of a run.
Bobby C. :cool:
Never forget him and Gus Fraser batting out for the draw in '98. That series was the green shoots of England becoming a great test team again.

Last edited:

Back