Rafa - Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane

Big Jeff

Winger
Just seen two interviews with Steven and Robbie - I think it’s fair to say they are not fans of his.

There are managers who are brilliant at people management - as far as these two players are concerned he may be good tactically but his man management skills are lacking.

Oh and Robbie says he learnt so much from our big man - Niall Quinn.

I won 7 quid at the dogs when Quinny gave me a tip!

I'm not sure you are correct in your perception of Gerrard not being a fan. Hes openly said he learnt more from him than amy other manager, he just had to adapt to benetiz, once he did and understood him , I think you'll find he was a fan.

Kind of proves how overrated he is when you consider he was manager of Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Napoli and only managed the tin pot trophies and also managed to relegate Newcastle

Last edited:

The thing that strikes me about Benitez is if you look past those trophies, he hasn’t actually won anything of note and hasn’t been a successful manager at all.

VERY overrated for me

Rafa may have won things in the past but I gauged him on what he did at Newcastle and after, not before.
I didn't enjoy his time at Newcastle (mostly) and the way he left with the excuse of getting a perfect project in China, as if it wasn't anything to do with the money, showed me exactly what i thought he was...and is.

Back