Rafa. He's still not happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would still 'prefer' Grayson. I read it on here. Remember, Newcastle will also get relegated with a record low points total.

Also remember 6 in a row. Dont forget to mention gravy either.
6pts off the bottom 3 rafagation II is still possible ... I remember Boro fans being cocky last season too

Some mag on twitter believes the fat fuck would turn down a return to Liverpool as he loves it at NUFC

Now that Jeff is unbelievable

For what its worth he probably would return - however personally I never think you should go back. He is very highly thought of in Liverpool why potentially jeopardise that?

For what its worth he probably would return - however personally I never think you should go back. He is very highly thought of in Liverpool why potentially jeopardise that?
Did you think that about the bottle job Keegan ?

If he’s still a “World Class” manager why wouldn’t he return to Liverpool

Just had a text off a mate who works in the papershop next to the training ground. He reckons Rafa was in this morning getting some rizlas and spent about £40 on scratch cards saying he's feeling lucky after Saturday's goal.
After Joselu's goal against Liverpool they reckon Rafa won the bingo in the Westfield club that night.

Did you think that about the bottle job Keegan ?

If he’s still a “World Class” manager why wouldn’t he return to Liverpool

Currently averaging 1.55 points per game. Over 38 games that's 59 points.
Assuming 18th goes down with 36 points, that means we would get only 22 more points this season, which over the 29 remaining games would need to see us collect 0.76ppg, which over 38 games would be 28 points.
So we are gonna have to start playing like a team that would probably finish in 20th place, instead of playing like one who'd finish in the top 8.
It's unlikely we will go down, probably end up 10th-13th.

Currently averaging 1.55 points per game. Over 38 games that's 59 points.
Assuming 18th goes down with 36 points, that means we would get only 22 more points this season, which over the 29 remaining games would need to see us collect 0.76ppg, which over 38 games would be 28 points.
So we are gonna have to start playing like a team that would probably finish in 20th place, instead of playing like one who'd finish in the top 8.
It's unlikely we will go down, probably end up 10th-13th.

Whilst I agree, it's fine margins. You got a lucky goal, and Palace, through PVA were inches away from taking the lead. Could easily have been 0-1.

Not saying you're lucky to be where you are mind, you're not, just pointing out how narrow victories can easily become narrow defeats.

I reckon 14th/15th unless you invest well in January.

What were you saying about there being 'a world outside' this forum ....... a 12 hour shift yesterday and back on here Monday morning :lol:

As for your point about being 'highly thought of in Liverpool' ..... are you sure?

Whilst I agree, it's fine margins. You got a lucky goal, and Palace, through PVA were inches away from taking the lead. Could easily have been 0-1.

Not saying you're lucky to be where you are mind, you're not, just pointing out how narrow victories can easily become narrow defeats.

Absolutely. Joselu goal against Liverpool was pure luck.
Sitting deep and defending for most of the game seems to be working, but eventually we'll take some beatings,as we haven't got a great deal going forward. Its working at the minute, but it'd be nice to think we could go into some games looking to dominate and win comfortably. We don't have the players to do that currently, so this is how we play and some days its likely to go horribly wrong.

Absolutely. Joselu goal against Liverpool was pure luck.
Sitting deep and defending for most of the game seems to be working, but eventually we'll take some beatings,as we haven't got a great deal going forward. Its working at the minute, but it'd be nice to think we could go into some games looking to dominate and win comfortably. We don't have the players to do that currently, so this is how we play and some days its likely to go horribly wrong.

Pretty much nailed it. Mind the approach is definitely the way to go given the players Benitez has at his disposal.

In fairness I seem to remember you opening a team up at will one game, when Joselu missed a hat full? That won't happen often like.

Benitez has no record whatsoever of building a club up to a high level. Every club he's been to were already established and the hard work already done for him. So when I call him an unproven manager that's what I mean. He has NEVER done this job before and might well end up wasting the money flailing around in a sea of agents.
Personally wouldn't have him given as manager to a team trying to pick itself up.

Benitez has no record whatsoever of building a club up to a high level. Every club he's been to were already established and the hard work already done for him. So when I call him an unproven manager that's what I mean. He has NEVER done this job before and might well end up wasting the money flailing around in a sea of agents.
Personally wouldn't have him given as manager to a team trying to pick itself up.
That's precisely what he is doing here isn't it? Brought in late couldn't avoid relegation spent. Got em back up and they already looking like comfortable mid table side after one transfer window, oh how I wish it wS us.

Surely when he first started out he didn't walk into into a job already done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back