RAF Dalton Airfield...

Status
Not open for further replies.

and because of that, I'm in

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

Thing is, the place is huge looking at it on Google Earth.. it houses a steel tubing company, a pig farm and chemical storage company..

It may be a massive waste of time, then again it may be well worth it - it's never been done at night before. Cannot find images of most of the site, hangers, control towers and what not. BTW, it's no longer RAF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure ive seen some guy on flickr go there at night , its on noctography 'train graveyard' not sure if he got permission etc, but I wouldnt mind a look down like

Looks a good, interesting location. Would be surprised if there is no security though.

With all that metal around the metal thieves would be all over it.

I've got to say, it looks really bloody interesting.

I'd love to start early afternoon to get some day shots too, then night shots later.

I've got to say, it looks really bloody interesting.

I'd love to start early afternoon to get some day shots too, then night shots later.

That would probably have to be the plan.

In which case I vote the end of the football season, frees up my weekend when the football stops.

what is it, a hours drive?

That would probably have to be the plan.

In which case I vote the end of the football season, frees up my weekend when the football stops.

what is it, a hours drive?
sounds like a plan to me. Gives me some time to play about with my new lens and light painting/effects.

what you getting like marra?
just this morning ordered the Tokina 11-16mm. Pay no VAT and i'm due birthday money (feel about 12) in a few weeks so it'll only end up costing me about £100 out of my own pocket!

just this morning ordered the Tokina 11-16mm. Pay no VAT and i'm due birthday money (feel about 12) in a few weeks so it'll only end up costing me about £100 out of my own pocket!

Sounds good it's a top, top lens - did you go for UK stock or gray in the end?

gray, but from procamerashop so I at least get a 1 year warranty

They have never let me down. The standard of the QA at Tokina means you're getting a well calibrated glass aswell.

Order yesterday / today?

They have never let me down. The standard of the QA at Tokina means you're getting a well calibrated glass aswell.

Order yesterday / today?
this morning, about half an hour ago actually! Due my lenser and LED lights today too, exciting week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back