Radio 1's Big Weekend - Luton

Yup Foos headling the main tent ( was very small ) and in the smaller dance tent was Pete Tong
Also on the main stage.
Kasabian
K.T Tunstall
Athlete

I thought kasabian and foo fighters were on the smaller stage and didn’t headline

Edit completely wrong ha could have swore foos were on a different stage to chemical brothers

Last edited:
Aye it was mental like, wasn't too bad in the tent but walking round the site was like a swamp.
My wallabees got ruined
I thought kasabian and foo fighters were on the smaller stage and didn’t headline

Edit completely wrong ha could have swore foos were on a different stage to chemical brothers
Aye foos were on before chemical brothers, Dave did an acoustic version of everlong and remember him saying he was on dr's orders to take it easy.
Sure that tent was possibly smaller than the one Kubix use for their 2nd stage.

Last edited:
Don't often agree with a smog but you're right here mind.

I think it's time folk layed off the bot.

He/She/It posts stuff some might miss otherwise and provides a valuable service on the board 😊
You should try agreeing with us 'smogs'??? more often.
I think you'll find that we're normally right !!

There weren't many. Camped out outside the council office overnight to make sure we got tickets.
I'd been out on the lash and was going to queue straight after and had a look but there was hardly anyone there, so set my alarm for 5am next morning but slept through it and missed tickets.

Luckily one of the lads had spares, I think it was @Father Jack Hackett he's like Arthur Daley that lad

Saturday, May 7, 2005​

Herrington Country Park, Sunderland​

Athlete
Fergie
Foo Fighters
Jon O'Bir
Judge Jules
KT Tunstall
Kasabian
Mauro Picotto
Natalie Imbruglia
Pete Tong
The Chemical Brothers
The Shapeshifters
Trophy Twins

Sunday, May 8, 2005​

Herrington Country Park, Sunderland​

Basement Jaxx
Black Eyed Peas
Do Me Bad Things
Gwen Stefani
Interpol
Jamiroquai
Kaiser Chiefs
Lemar
Maxïmo Park
The Bravery
The Futureheads
The Magic Numbers
The Subways
Natalie Imbruglia & Gwen Stefani digged at mine that night and I only had a one bedroom flat at the time.

I was off me lips watching the chemical brothers. We got stubs from people who were leaving and just told the security staff we’d just nipped out and wanted back in.

Back