Racist away fans (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t understand what the right to free speech means. It entails protection from government interference in whatever you have to say. It does not mean that you can wander round at football games, the streets or online making racist comments and feel you should not be called out on it and castigated. I am 100% behind the Op here

So you think our away fans are racist? Quite the broad brush there mate.

"100%"

Edit:Nevermind, seen the username.

What if he couldn't see the lad?
Someone must have seen the said racist fan. Even if you hear it, you should report it

Gordon you are rapidly coming across as being as equally bigoted and stupid as MBH now. I'd stick to the Harlepool message board if I were you.
Not at all. Ive said they are idiot(s) but find it remarkable this has only appeared on here at 11pm at night. Not convinced it happened.

So you think our away fans are racist? Quite the broad brush there mate.

"100%"

Edit:Nevermind, seen the username.

What? All I’m saying is that I agree with the OP that there was a fan in the away end (if it happened) whose comments were racist. Hardly smearing your whole away support. Just don’t think that some of the defensive arguments in this thread against the OP are acceptable.

Someone must have seen the said racist fan. Even if you hear it, you should report it

Not at all. Ive said they are idiot(s) but find it remarkable this has only appeared on here at 11pm at night. Not convinced it happened.
Aye, probably surrounded by eez mates.But if you think someone 'must' have seen him crack on.

What? All I’m saying is that I agree with the OP that there was a fan in the away end (if it happened) whose comments were racist. Hardly smearing your whole away support. Just don’t think that some of the defensive arguments in this thread against the OP are acceptable.

You said 100% behind the OP after he said "racist away fans" and our fans embarrassing themselves time after time. I'm not happy about being lumped in.

But to be fair I never noticed your username so I would have taken your reply as the obvious wind up it was, if I had.

Video it? What's he meant to do, get his phone out and ask the bloke to say it again for the benefit of the camera?

I clarified that but we've established so far on this thread

1 - nobody has any videos of said racist incidents and/or said idiot racist(s). mentions of folk keep calling their keeper russian for example, suggests it was more than once, others mentioned banana and black bastard which suggests it wasn't a 1 off incident
2 - no photos of said idiot racist(s)
3 - nobody has owned up to reporting hearing or seeing any racist incidents to police or stewards

just seems a tad covenient to mention it on a football message board 6 hours after the game. It's very easy to report such things now

Ok then..... Take a photo of said racist fan. Report said racist fan to steward or police. Im not convinced this happened. OP should have made more effort reporting it
Do you really think someone should go up to a steward and say they've just heard a racist comment? What's the steward going to do if he didn't hear it himself? It's one persons word against another. That coupled with the chance the bloke in question might have got aggressive makes it unlikely to get reported if it was just a one off comment.

What makes you think it isnt ok now? Tell you what we have in this country - free speech. Try it sometime. If words are going to hurt you that much I'd suggest you wont be lasting very long on here or in England.

The word "banana" and you lose the plot? Absolutely pathetic. FFS.

Piss off.
If you honestly think it's OK to say that mate then there's little hope for you. To attempt to shrug it off under the guise of free speech is nonsensical. Are you racist? If not, then you must know that it's not right to say that. If so, then please admit it so I then know where we stand.

If it happened it should not of happened, if it did not happen shame on who ever said it did.
I cannot see proof either way.
I have followed Sunderland for a lot of years and what I can say with my hand on my heart is apart from when we play West Brom away I have hardly ever heard racist/sectarian chants. When it has happened the culprit has usually been shouted down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back