Race Across The World thread

2 lads are very young. I'd say that's a fair excuse for the fact they are slightly annoying.

Disliked the old bloke as soon as he said that the young girl was 'shy'. His opening gambit is to make a personal remark. Bellend.

The brother and sister seem decent.

The mother and daughter team who won the first stage. Not made my mind up yet but like the fact she was having a go at learning the language.

The other mother and daughter are thoroughly likeable.

Decent start to S4. Loved the first two but got bored of the Canada one and never finished

Surprised that there were only 4 hours between them considering that they all took very different routes

Still getting to know the contestants but, apart from th two yong lads, they mostly seem less annoying than last time.

Looks like the route is though Japan, South Korea, China, Cambodia, Thailand and Malaysia so a bit of an overlap with series 1 and a shame they aren't going via the Philippines but I suppose that would have involved too much time in boats.

The two young lads losing their map on day two doesn’t bode well for them

His whole shtick about being ultra competitive, game mode, writing everything down and then making a mistake like losing the map would be too much for me to handle.
The lass who is dyslexic seems genuinely likeable and that is a priceless trait to possess. As we have already seen, people will help her and that is a massive aid.

Yeah something about her that you can't fake. She just seems totally unaffected and genuinely nice.

Only if they make it hard. Probably could have jumped on a bullet train and been their in an hour if they were allowed.
Aye but it's not just the mode of travel, it's the dives they have to stay in to make their money go further.

That's before you even take into account the sheer difficulty of trying to find their way around.

I've never understood the appeal of backpacking, which appears to involve slinging the contents of your home into a massive rucksack and then setting off on what appears to be some sort of endurance course.
My favourites from episode 1 are the mother and daughter who came last.

Least favourites are the two young lads. Bloody idiots.
The one who lost the map and then left his notebook with the new map he'd drawn, is an absolute liability.

The young black girl who had already picked up some rudimentary Japanese by the end of the first leg was pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Those little trains look mint like
I thought that! One carriage, absolutely class.
The one who lost the map and then left his notebook with the new map he'd drawn, is an absolute liability.

The young black girl who had already picked up some rudimentary Japanese by the end of the first leg was pretty impressive.
He's a tool. I know that's what 20-year-old lads are like, I was once one myself... But nah. Idiot.

I was very impressed by her making an effort to learn how to ask basic things like "where is the X?" in Japanese. No-one else bothered.

Last edited:
This season will be back to form. They dropped a bollock doing Canada. Beautiful scenery but awful for the format of the show.

I really enjoyed Canada, mind. What didn't you like?

No language barrier, no variety of travel, all contestants basically following the same route. Not enough chaos. I did love the scenery mind and of all the places featured across the series, Canada looks the most appealing.

No language barrier, no variety of travel, all contestants basically following the same route. Not enough chaos. I did love the scenery mind and of all the places featured across the series, Canada looks the most appealing.
Fair enough. I used to live in Canada, so I was probably enjoying it more for that reason. They went a lot of places I didn't.

2 lads are very young. I'd say that's a fair excuse for the fact they are slightly annoying.

Disliked the old bloke as soon as he said that the young girl was 'shy'. His opening gambit is to make a personal remark. Bellend.

The brother and sister seem decent.

The mother and daughter team who won the first stage. Not made my mind up yet but like the fact she was having a go at learning the language.

The other mother and daughter are thoroughly likeable.
Yep that was a cringe moment. Either he's a complete arse or has some undiagnosed Aspergers.

This season will be back to form. They dropped a bollock doing Canada. Beautiful scenery but awful for the format of the show.

Canada was a necessity because of the aftermath of lockdown. They needed a big enough country to travel across in order to avoid potential border crossing issues. I enjoyed it for the scenerey and thought the personalities were great but the travel strategy element of it was diminished.

Back