Race Across The World thread

It’s tv so of course it’s contrived. It would not be worth watching if one couple got lucky and a lorry driver took them all the way and they finished miles ahead of everyone else.

I sill like it I just accept it for what it is.

@BMX Bandit nailed it when he said he had no story. They want people who are going on a “journey”. Daughter/father type disfunctional relationship type stuff.

Or health issues that type of thing.

The white, middle class, heterosexual, contented pair have no chance of making the cut.
Didn't a white middle class pair win the first one? ?
The white, middle class, heterosexual, contented, retired teachers aye.

Ah seb !

Yes the first one. This next one with be all sobbing, and redemption, and being on an emotional journey towards reconciliation.

In all the series , the first you had an estranged father and son and a couple where the fella was a bit deaf, 2nd season two Asian lads who were related but estranged , and a mum with an autistic son , then the Canada one you had 2 friends who won where one had sight sight issues. 2 heterosexual white woman to enjoy though! Don't think the last season had any who you were on an emotional journey !

Think every other couple have been 'norma'l with little if anything wrong with them. Those above weren't really out there in terms of wokeness anyway

Me and my youngest boy applied last year but never heard owt...however the boy had a call from one of the applications team to see if we were still interested and to be considered for this years.
Would have to go to that there Larnnndon for a more in depth interview, they also asked him if there was anything between us that caused a rift...the daft get said aye when his granda died ,which was about 12 year ago now , all he could think of he said 🙂

Lifting of COVID restrictions should make this one better - the first two were great but got bored of the Canada one. Russia/Ukraine will be off limits and much of Africa too dangerous.
Think also with the canada one they've gone down the reality TV route of choosing annoying characters for drama rather than just keeping it about the theme of the programme
Expecting it to get worse but hoping I'm wrong as thoroughly enjoyed the first two series.

Back