Quick Twitter snippet from the podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hes not wrong on Cattermole he has an opinion just like you. If Cattermole is playing the wrong role that is down to the manager although this business about him being 'caught ahead of the ball' shouldn't be a big deal if you are playing with 3 centre mids and one sitting. If he is better in the sitting role then signing yet another 30 something with no pace on big wages to play that role is beyond ludicrous. He has had some very good games this year, more than most and some pretty poor ones. A balanced view is that Cattermole is a decent player at the level he is playing with an obvious lack of pace. If you disagree with that then who on earth is going to pay half of his wages to take him even if we agreed to that. Getting rid of Cattermole is nigh on impossible but it was far from impossible to build a good team with him in it - however purchasing an entire team with the same lack of pace he has hasn't helped. He will be here next year and he will be playing regularly - how well we recruit in other areas of the side will determine whether we have a better season.
Nah he’s wrong on Cattermole. He said he was essential for us and merited key player status. It would be mad to want rid of him. You’re saying (and you’re right) that we may be stuck with him but he can be useful in a role of limited scope. You’re right that we didn’t need leadbitter. However we’ve got him now and he’s the one in possession of the sitting midfielder role - primarily due to being better on the ball. We should probably get rid of both but moving Cattermole would benefit us most overall. He’ll be on wages that leadbitter won’t come near.

With the benefit of hindsight we really didn't need Leadbitter. We needed a different option

No hindsight needed. Plenty of people on here (including me) said so before he signed.

He improved set pieces when he first came but we needed someone athletic and mobile to complement what we had. I don’t blame him for coming but real lack of imagination whomsoever identified him as worthwhile addition in our circumstances in the last window.

Means, not selling until we are not back in the top flight where he can make a shit load more money.

No issue with him making money out of getting us back up the leagues.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what I'd rather hear, the owner sounding down , as that means he cares, or the owner sounding motivated , as that means he's up for the challenge and after a holiday ready to go again.

Anybody know when this pod will be available to listen to?
It’s had more advanced publicity than Game of Thrones!

No hindsight needed. Plenty of people on here (including me) said so before he signed.

He improved set pieces when he first came but we needed someone athletic and mobile to complement what we had. I don’t blame him for coming but real lack of imagination whomsoever identified him as worthwhile addition in our circumstances in the last window.

No issue with him making money out of getting us back up the leagues.

Same here. He will not go yet as he knows he can make so much more.

He's a much better player than his replacements this season, James was largely dogshit and about as average as they come.
Can't defend consistently and his attacking play has varied greatly (I accept some of that is possibly tactics) and ever since his sending off he has been a let down who ended up believing he was too good for this league. James had a decent spell, Hume looks promising. I'd encourage the immediate future rather than the failed past.

Can't defend consistently and his attacking play has varied greatly (I accept some of that is possibly tactics) and ever since his sending off he has been a let down who ended up believing he was too good for this league. James had a decent spell, Hume looks promising. I'd encourage the immediate future rather than the failed past.

Thinks his lack of strength is an issue but he's one of few players with composure on the ball and able to slow the game down when needed and put his foot on the ball. he can also be quality coming forward. I was one who criticised his sending off and his heart before it, but he's knuckled down and I simply cannot question his attitude since he came back in.

Hume is actually a terrible defender, but does have potential. He's a work in progress.

If Oviedo was on 10k a week and not much more then I'd be desperate for him to stay because he's a classy player and we don't have enough of them.

James is largely shit. He's so average in most aspects that the only claim people can make of him is that he's a decent defender, he's not really he's just a bit of a battler (for his size) who doesn't tend to overcomit going forward.

What’s the point in doing this now? It’s just going to be hollow platitudes.

Give it a week or two and then go on the podcast with some sort of coherent plan and an outline of the lessons learned from this season?

I agree. We all know the club has failed its remit.
He does come across as a canny fella though but could be a good actor.

You don’t know my type. You’re assuming as you usually do. You’re the first one to complain when someone makes it personal yet you never fail to do exactly this. You don’t give a shite about the club and never have. It’s all about being right with you. That will never change.

Don't bother, you'll just give yourself brainfreeze.
I keep an old housebrick at hand and if I ever feel I want to reply to the rodent I just hit myself with it til the urge goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back