Queuing for 1992 FA Cup Final tickets at RP

Mr David

Striker
Someone at work saying people were queuing outside Roker Park but Bob Murray didn't open the gates and then when he did lots of people pushed in and caused hell on. The police horses were out etc. Never heard this before can anyone confirm or deny this?

Someone at work saying people were queuing outside Roker Park but Bob Murray didn't open the gates and then when he did lots of people pushed in and caused hell on. The police horses were out etc. Never heard this before can anyone confirm or deny this?
IIRC it was the semi final where this happened. I lost out because of it despite camping out all night. Ended up getting a ticket through a family friend.

The Final ended up quite orderly.

IIRC it was the semi final where this happened. I lost out because of it despite camping out all night. Ended up getting a ticket through a family friend.

The Final ended up quite orderly.
This woman at work is saying she camped out as well, might have been the semi then. She is getting on now :lol:

I have only a sketchy recollection of it, but i was there with my Dad. I can remember queuing from the early hours of the morning and having sips of tea from his flask as we waited. It didn't kick off big style but there was pushing and shouting going on so they shut the ticket office entrance and that was that!

Definitely queuing for tickets for the final because I watched the semi-final in the colliery club in Easington.

What a shite experience it was by the way, drove down in my Dads mates knackered maestro with some bloke absolutely farting his biff off all the way there.

I was lucky for the semi final. I was queuing outside the Fulwell End but must have been a few hundred in front of me as I was standing in the back lane close to a school.

Anyway eventually got to the turnstile and got two tickets. Walking back out the gates I was clutching them like Charlie Bucket with a golden ticket and out of nowhere a steward grabbed me and told me to put them away as a lad just before me had just had his pinched.

Heard some horror stories about people rushing the turnstiles as I would never have gotten mine had that happened (14 at the time).

Semi - final - I queued all night to be told there was no tickets then just as we were about to leave we heard a whisper there were some available from a turnstile in the Main stand and fortunately we were close enough to get near to the front and got some tickets. It was touch and go.

Camped outside Fulwell end Turnstiles as a 15 yr old. Quite some sights that night I can tell yer. Especially when pubs kicked out.

All was pretty fun until gimps at front of queue packed up their camping gear at 5am and there was a mass surge to move into the space they’d created. Absolute carnage with gear trampled on and bodies everywhere.

Damn site more exciting that Ticketmaster :)

Semi was when people queued up.
Camped outside Fulwell end Turnstiles as a 15 yr old. Quite some sights that night I can tell yer. Especially when pubs kicked out.

All was pretty fun until gimps at front of queue packed up their camping gear at 5am and there was a mass surge to move into the space they’d created. Absolute carnage with gear trampled on and bodies everywhere.

Damn site more exciting that Ticketmaster :)

And yes, semi not final

Back