Questions and answers at the town end farm talk in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigwilltef

Reserve Squad
a little bit what was asked.
Q: How close did Phillips get to the job?
A: Nowhere near really. He needs to be in charge of coaching somewhere 1st.

Q: is Phil Parkinson the next Chris Wilder?
A: Yes, otherwise I wouldn’t have appointed him.

Q: Do you accept the difference between an honest crowd reaction after an abysmal performance like Bolton and the vile personal insults/threats SD gets.
A: Yes of course. What I notice about away games though is that home fans get at our players all the time. We don’t do that at the SOL.

Q: What is the status of the American investment?
A: They have invested in Madrox and as such they have no ownership of SAFC currently. It also means there is no liability at al on SAFC.

Q: Why do you keep letting talent leave the academy?
A: We don’t. We have the most successful academy in the country but because we are a Cat1 academy in League 1 we are hugely vulnerable. The Prem clubs get to the parents of young players who make a decision to send their son to a Prem club academy and there is NOTHING we can do to stop it. Bali was an exception to this who’s parents turned down offers from all of the top clubs because they felt they owed loyalty to Sunderland.

Q: why are the ball boys shit?
A: (From Bally) Fuck off, stop him drinking. (From CM) we ask them to get the ball back AQAP.

Q: Will there be more investment from the Americans?
A: I will not speak for them but we are looking for more investment all the time from multiple sources. Me and SD are not wealthy enough to fund this club beyond L1.

Q: Why would the Americans want to buy SAFC?
A: We are probably the best deal in British football right now. There are 12 big clubs (fan base of 40k+ with a history of multiple major honours) and only 4 are for sale. SAFC, NUFC, LUFC, CFC. The rest are owned by very wealthy families and like US sports teams will be for the long term. Of these, SAFC is by far the besy value for money.
Q: Why did we sack Ross?
A: Because over a long arc stretching back to the last1/3 of last season the underlying analytics were in a very slow decline. We as a board looked at injuries, quality of opposition and fan reaction and while it was not enough to pull the trigger in the summer, it reached the point where we saw no evidence of those underlying analytics changing.
My comment about what it was like is, the branch got a lot of great shout outs and CM thanked us a lot. Said we were the life blood of the club and SAFC felt lucky to have us. I think (despite what others think) these are great engagement sessions and hearing it from the horses mouth is always preferable to basing your opinion on internet gossip from people who don’t know. Good on CM for continuing to do it.
My criticism would be that the host lost control a bit towards the end with people shouting over each other. Having said that some of the branch lads self policed it,and was quickly sorted.
There was stories from Bally too, but the one thing we have to take from this we are in league one we have league one players and every team it’s there cup final, stick with the lads ,stick with the club ,stick with the owners, support our team one club our club🇵🇪🇵🇪

Great post and thanks for the information it’s nice for everyone to be a little more informed.
One thing though it’s all well and good being in League 1 but we really need to show ambition to get back amongst the big boys so assembling a League 1 squad isn’t going to achieve that goal really is it
It would also have been a pertinent question to see where CM sees the investment money actually being spent

Great post and thanks for the information it’s nice for everyone to be a little more informed.
One thing though it’s all well and good being in League 1 but we really need to show ambition to get back amongst the big boys so assembling a League 1 squad isn’t going to achieve that goal really is it
It would also have been a pertinent question to see where CM sees the investment money actually being spent

you mean that would have been a better question than the ball boys one....

Q: Do you accept the difference between an honest crowd reaction after an abysmal performance like Bolton and the vile personal insults/threats SD gets.
A: Yes of course. What I notice about away games though is that home fans get at our players all the time. We don’t do that at the SOL.

A: They have invested in Madrox and as such they have no ownership of SAFC currently. It also means there is no liability at al on SAFC.

A: We don’t. We have the most successful academy in the country but because we are a Cat1 academy in League 1 we are hugely vulnerable. The Prem clubs get to the parents of young players who make a decision to send their son to a Prem club academy and there is NOTHING we can do to stop it. Bali was an exception to this who’s parents turned down offers from all of the top clubs because they felt they owed loyalty to Sunderland.

A: (From Bally) Fuck off, stop him drinking. (From CM) we ask them to get the ball back AQAP.

A: I will not speak for them but we are looking for more investment all the time from multiple sources. Me and SD are not wealthy enough to fund this club beyond L1.

A: We are probably the best deal in British football right now. There are 12 big clubs (fan base of 40k+ with a history of multiple major honours) and only 4 are for sale. SAFC, NUFC, LUFC, CFC. The rest are owned by very wealthy families and like US sports teams will be for the long term. Of these, SAFC is by far the besy value for money.
A: Because over a long arc stretching back to the last1/3 of last season the underlying analytics were in a very slow decline. We as a board looked at injuries, quality of opposition and fan reaction and while it was not enough to pull the trigger in the summer, it reached the point where we saw no evidence of those underlying analytics changing.
My comment about what it was like is, the branch got a lot of great shout outs and CM thanked us a lot. Said we were the life blood of the club and SAFC felt lucky to have us. I think (despite what others think) these are great engagement sessions and hearing it from the horses mouth is always preferable to basing your opinion on internet gossip from people who don’t know. Good on CM for continuing to do it.
My criticism would be that the host lost control a bit towards the end with people shouting over each other. Having said that some of the branch lads self policed it,and was quickly sorted.
There was stories from Bally too, but the one thing we have to take from this we are in league one we have league one players and every team it’s there cup final, stick with the lads ,stick with the club ,stick with the owners, support our team one club our club🇵🇪🇵🇪
Thanks for that.

I’m pleased those questions were asked (apart from the ballboys)

It stops all the rumours and hearsay. We know where we stand, what they are trying to achieve and the reasons behind certain decisions.

When he says home fans ‘get at the players’ does he mean making it hostile for them and is he encouraging us to do it to the opposition?

Very sensible point about KP.
Yet there was loads, dare I say a majority who wanted him. Based on we like him because he scored loads of goals for us. That’s why it must be so hard to run this (any) football club. They’ve obviously based their appointment on certain factors. Yet loads have really strong opinions based on romance.

There’s no denying Phillips coming here & succeeding would have been a great story, but the same people who wanted him slagged off Phil Parkinson before a ball was kicked. It’s a thankless task for owners sometimes.

When he says home fans ‘get at the players’ does he mean making it hostile for them and is he encouraging us to do it to the opposition?

although astonishing numbers-wise, our support has a massive proportion of owld biddies, middle aged women, families etc.. both home and away, compared to other fan bases.
Yet there was loads, dare I say a majority who wanted him. Based on we like him because he scored loads of goals for us. That’s why it must be so hard to run this (any) football club. They’ve obviously based their appointment on certain factors. Yet loads have really strong opinions based on nothing.

There’s no denying Phillips coming here & succeeding would have been a great story, but the same people who wanted him slagged off Phil Parkinson before a ball was kicked. It’s a thankless task for owners sometimes.

imo it would have been a shambolic decision based only on sentiment to appease a number of fans. not a professional, intelligent decision as you would expect from the owners of multi-million pound business

Last edited:
by defintion any sqaud we assemble will be a league one squasd.
and despitethe myths on here..we signed thwe absolute cream of the league one crop-at least based on previous form-in jon mc and will grigg and reece james and willis

We are right up to the 60% cap not much wriggle room , it was said the investment is a loan for help with infrastructure, with many parts of the stadium falling to bits,and bringing many parts of the stadium up to date with the new technologies of the newly built stadia, and part of the loan will be pumped into the academy of light and the academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back