Queen Elizabeth II

Status
Not open for further replies.

its not 'her' as a person i dislike, she seems canny enough for a 90 year old priveleged millionaire.

but i despise the 'monarchy' and everything it stands for. another establishment conceived brainwashing scheme that seems to still work, to keep us low-lifes in our place. fuck them and everything they stand for.
Likewise. My post is not to do with the concept of monarchy but with regards to her as an ambassador for this country internationally, and her conduct and willingness to put her own personal feelings aside and do the right thing in the name of diplomacy for the good of the nation. I do think to a large extent a lot of the respect she has on the international stage is more do with these personal qualities than simply a respect for her inherited position. I expect this will be fairly evident when Charlie gets the job.

I've spent years having a go at the monarchy at every conceivable opportunity, but I certainly think she will be a big loss when she dies.

I have always been against monarchy in general and this won't change at any point in the future.

However, in light of recent news articles and coverage which gives me the feeling that they are preparing the nation for her death at some point in the not so distant future, I do think it would be especially bad for this country should it be around such a pivotal time. I have grown something of an admiration for the Queen of late. Not as a figurehead or a monarch, but as a woman. She's a wonderful diplomat and ambassador for Britain and for that alone I believe she will be a terrible loss to the nation when she does depart this Earth.
Tend to agree. I'm neither a Royalist nor a Republican. I don't identify at all with the Royal Family (although I'd offer Kate safe haven for a night or tow) but it is our history and can be traced back through centuries and centuries. The Queen herself was but a child when she came to the throne and has dedicated her life to service and for that she has my respect/

Likewise. My post is not to do with the concept of monarchy but with regards to her as an ambassador for this country internationally, and her conduct and willingness to put her own personal feelings aside and do the right thing in the name of diplomacy for the good of the nation. I do think to a large extent a lot of the respect she has on the international stage is more do with these personal qualities than simply a respect for her inherited position. I expect this will be fairly evident when Charlie gets the job.

I've spent years having a go at the monarchy at every conceivable opportunity, but I certainly think she will be a big loss when she dies.
I have a feeling that Charles will be one of the shortest reigning monarchs of all time. Just a gut feeling

Tend to agree. I'm neither a Royalist nor a Republican. I don't identify at all with the Royal Family (although I'd offer Kate safe haven for a night or tow) but it is our history and can be traced back through centuries and centuries. The Queen herself was but a child when she came to the throne and has dedicated her life to service and for that she has my respect/

I have a feeling that Charles will be one of the shortest reigning monarchs of all time. Just a gut feeling

hes fit as a fiddle, loves his whisky mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back