Put a flat earthier into space

Can they?
Ask one. They may offer you a picture or even show you a video or simply tell you they can because they know. It may come with a tantrum if you try to deny Santa, so be careful.
No, it was picked up on because you kept repeating "water level nails it" in every single one of your posts, and your only experiments to prove this were flawed in such an obvious way that literally everybody on the thread could see it apart from you.
Yes, I do repeat it. I do so because the water level actually does nail it.
I know you deny it and I accept you do but it doesn't change the fact.
Facts like that don't tend to go out of date so, yes.
Stories like that you mean.
So how does that work though, London is nowhere near Buenos Aires?
I never said it was.
You seem to be drawing your own map and deciding I've done it. That's your issue, not mine.
And is in a totally different area on your representative layouts as @DPTT showed
What layouts?

Last edited:
People struggle today to try and show a globe so offering 2500-year-old supposed knowledge of one is hardly a compelling argument, don't you think?

A 5-year-old can also prove Santa exists.

Hmmm, are you projecting?
You have repeatedly demonstrated by your posts in this thread that, in common with every flat earther, you are mathematically illiterate, have zero comprehension of scale and are incapable of logical thought.

This why you uncritically repeat stupid tropes that you've slavishly copied from flat earth sites, such as 8 inches per mile squared and 1000mph spin.

Anyone with just a basic grasp of maths, such as me, wouldn't be seen dead quoting that sort of bollocks.

You have fallen for the dumbest hoax on the internet.

Ohhh you can find that out for yourself with easy experiments. Guess which one is the best?

Is it the one where you use a 500m long spirit level on an enclosed unhindered body of water and notice that the water at each end is lower than it is in the centre, thus proving that water does indeed curve?

Or is it the one where you put a spirit level on a raft and prove nothing because "straight down" is always towards the centre of gravity of the earth, and the obvious flaw of this experiment can be easily demonstrated by balancing a spirit level on a ball:

Logon or register to see this image

?

Or is it the one where you put two lasers/spotlights/telescopes on rafts a long distance from each other and notice that even though they're both pointed perfectly flat according to a spirit level, they actually point above each other because the water surface is indeed curved not flat, an experiment that some of the world's most prominent flat earthers were filmed doing to try to prove the world was flat but instead proved themselves conclusively wrong in front of the cameras?

Last edited:
Ask one. They may offer you a picture or even show you a video or simply tell you they can because they know. It may come with a tantrum if you try to deny Santa, so be careful.

Yes, I do repeat it. I do so because the water level actually does nail it.
I know you deny it and I accept you do but it doesn't change the fact.

Stories like that you mean.

I never said it was.
You seem to be drawing your own map and deciding I've done it. That's your issue, not mine.

What layouts?

Wrong.

I never said it was.
No you said the lemon squeezer and our 2d maps were representative of where your landmasses are, to fly in a straight line from Buenos Aires to australia you go past London near half way?
I'll tell you what mark on my drawing where you think the UK is in relation to South america and Australia that you placed?

That the Earth is not a spinning globe. I'm sure you don't want me to repeat myself.

It can set a level over a distance. Something a globe would not offer.

Not a truth.

In your opinion.

Correct.

Exactly.

I never said you did.

We don't live on a globe.
Also, the Earth has not been mapped in its entirety, so scale means what exactly?

I am. I'm saying you can offer anything as being to scale but it does not offer you a global reality.

I'm waving my hands because you're not offering anything realistic.
You're offering a certain scale to landmass and calling it a working globe reality.

Nah, it was picked up because it's the easiest to ridicule and use as a sort of battering ram. It actually makes me smile when it's used while the rest is quickly thrown aside.
So you are not saying specifically what doesn't work. I think it is your lack of understanding of what scale actually is.

Lets say that every 100km is represented by 1mm on a globe. On that globe Great Britain would be 9.6mm long or just under 1cm.
The earth has a diameter of 12,742km so our model globe is 127.42mm (just under 13 cm) in diameter. Ok this is a fairly small model globe, but it makes convenient calculations.

For every single distance on this model globe, we can take the distance in km, divide that by 100 and that is the distance in mm that we would expect to see. And it works perfectly.

Now ever 2D flat earth map I have seen is like what I said earlier about peeling out an orange. Things in the southern hemisphere massively increase in distance between them, so Rio and Sydney is massive. At a reported 13,513km apart, if we ran a bit of string around our globe between where the two cities are marked then it would be 135mm long.

It works and is testable. Just repeatedly saying "Nah bollocks" is not a valid answer. Every single distance you measure on a model globe can be scaled up by exactly the same factor to the reality of the earth and all measurements work.

Not taking the piss here, but do you know what 'to scale' means? Can you describe it in your own words? You seem to be dismissing anything to scale as invalid, which I find puzzling.
Ohhh you can find that out for yourself with easy experiments. Guess which one is the best?

A chocolate hat may be your easiest attempt.

None have but there have been many arguments saying they have been refuted with no backing evidence leading to proof.
Can you tell us what those easy experiments are?

Last edited:
That sort of proof sounds very familiar. Proof based on blind belief rather than visible facts.
Yep and that's the global story.
Kids believe in Santa and kids were also coaxed and even coerced into believing in a globe.
the difference is, kids are told Santa is not real and it was the parents who bought the presents. This is generally told when the kids get closer to 8 and onwards, generally.

The globe is actually ingrained and the story gets told and sold throughout.
Like god.
Like Ghosts.
Like many many things have no proof but are still adhered to en masse.

You see this does not come down to stupidity or anything like it, generally. It comes down to each person's ability to take in and believe whatever suits them or merely following a trait or following mass opinion and so on.

Kids believe in Santa and kids were also coaxed and even coerced into believing in a globe.
the difference is, kids are told Santa is not real and it was the parents who bought the presents. This is generally told when the kids get closer to 8 and onwards, generally.

Like god.
Like Ghosts.

You see this does not come down to stupidity or anything like it, generally. It comes down to each person's ability to take in and believe whatever suits them or merely following a trait or following mass opinion and so on.
24 carat bollocks.

Like god.
Like Ghosts.

No, the visible facts only applies to one version. It really seems like stupidity is the major factor in the flat factless version.

Back