Purrfect South - Jean Wijngaard RIP

This has saddened me.

Had the privilege of meeting Jean in random circumstances while on the train to Southampton ( the 8- nil) . She got on the same carriage that I was sat in with the colours on show. We started chatting football and got talking about this forum and revealed our online handles. We had a few beers together with other fans and met after the game for a few more then caught the same train and said goodbye where we said hello.

Absolute lovely lady with a great sense of humour and was Sunderland till she died 😎

R I P jean love ❤️

RIP and thoughts with her family and friends. A sad loss to all concerned.

It has actually got me thinking as most (I'm guessing) have no idea of other posters age, health or well being. You just go off their username and posts about random subjects. The internet/ message boards sometimes can take away the personal touch of actually knowing someone by sight and voice. Very sad to hear this news

Sad news to relate that our southern based, undercover, lady moderator (yes we do have them) Jean passed away earlier in November after a short illness.

A regular poster, all around good egg and thoroughly nice person she will be a sad loss from this board.

RIP @Purrfect South ☹️
Such sad news. Rest in peace Jean. Love and prayers to Jean’s family and loved ones. X

Well this is one of those awful threads that hits you as soon as you open the page and completely knocks the stuffing out of you.

I once got into an argument with Jean about music and it ended up on pm and to cut a long story short we became friends and she told me a load of stories of her youth which fascinated me, how she went to parties with the likes of Jagger and Streisand but more importantly to me, how she was right at the epicentre of punk when it kicked off in London.

Although never a punk herself, her best friend was Eve Goddard the then wife of Adam Ant, and through her she knew just about everyone involved, from Vivienne Westwood to Sid Vicious, the latter who used to sit with Chrissy Hinde as models in her art class! She had some brilliant tales like one time the Bromley Contingent turned up at her birthday party and caused chaos :lol:

RIP Jean, thanks for all the fantastic and entertaining stories. You'll be a huge miss and so sad we never got the chance to meet and chat in person :cry:
Great story, Rest well Jean

RIP and thoughts with her family and friends. A sad loss to all concerned.

It has actually got me thinking as most (I'm guessing) have no idea of other posters age, health or well being. You just go off their username and posts about random subjects. The internet/ message boards sometimes can take away the personal touch of actually knowing someone by sight and voice. Very sad to hear this news
Not totally sure but I think she was late 60’s but definitely too young….

Back