Pumping Iron - Squatulance

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mick Dundee

I probably should have posted this in the strength training thread but I think it deserves a thread of its own, purely because I'm chuffed with my thread title!

Recently, as my squat has been getting stronger, I've found that as I push out my final rep (sometimes final 2 reps) I let out a fart (not intentional). I wear earphones so have no idea if it's loud or silent.

Anyway, is this a result of my breathing, my form or both? I'm a little concerned that it's the kind of thing that starts out as a fart and I end up with a prolapse or something. More worrying is the fact I don't want other people in the gym to give me the nickname "Farting Squat Man", which is probably what I would do (I've created the names "Bad Form BO Boy", "Tango the Bodybuilder" [he wears a lot of fake tan] and "The Fat-beardy and flabby moobs duo" [two guys who train together]).

This is going to end up in the Gold Forum isn't it, and I'm going to end up having to leave the boards and sign up with a new username!

dunno but I've done that before and I've also split my pants.

today's top tip

wear stretchy boxers and check your balls aren't hanging out before you squat

I probably should have posted this in the strength training thread but I think it deserves a thread of its own, purely because I'm chuffed with my thread title!

Recently, as my squat has been getting stronger, I've found that as I push out my final rep (sometimes final 2 reps) I let out a fart (not intentional). I wear earphones so have no idea if it's loud or silent.

Anyway, is this a result of my breathing, my form or both? I'm a little concerned that it's the kind of thing that starts out as a fart and I end up with a prolapse or something. More worrying is the fact I don't want other people in the gym to give me the nickname "Farting Squat Man", which is probably what I would do (I've created the names "Bad Form BO Boy", "Tango the Bodybuilder" [he wears a lot of fake tan] and "The Fat-beardy and flabby moobs duo" [two guys who train together]).

This is going to end up in the Gold Forum isn't it, and I'm going to end up having to leave the boards and sign up with a new username!

I seem to be parping with every ab crunch this week for some reason. Quite loud ones as well & since it's the gym at work I sort of know everyone in there. :oops:

Worth a 'Nicknames you give people in your gym' thread?

I've got a few.[DOUBLEPOST=1395244149][/DOUBLEPOST]
dunno but I've done that before and I've also split my pants.

today's top tip

wear stretchy boxers and check your balls aren't hanging out before you squat

Wore some loose shorts/boxers once and started doing agile eight. Some other people on the mats definitely saw my junk :lol:

Worth a 'Nicknames you give people in your gym' thread?

I've got a few.[DOUBLEPOST=1395244149][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wore some loose shorts/boxers once and started doing agile eight. Some other people on the mats definitely saw my junk :lol:
I'll bet you were winking at all the blokes laid on a matt provocatively. :eek:

:lol:

I'd say the best thing to do is try and avoid food/drinks that would contribute to a lot of fartiny prior to training.

my guts have been doing backflips for a couple of days, thought i let out a bit of slop when three figure power cleaning last night.

:lol:

I'd say the best thing to do is try and avoid food/drinks that would contribute to a lot of fartiny prior to training.
I train at 7am after having 2 Shredded Wheat at about 5:45, not really a sure fire fart-food!

I always get away with letting one off on the cross trainer, it works in the same principles as cocking your leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back