Pull ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

A wide v narrow grip isn't going to have any significant difference in lat activation, but as mentioned the pronation/supination will. Just go with what is more comfortable with a 'overhand' grip for lat activation.

A wide v narrow grip isn't going to have any significant difference in lat activation, but as mentioned the pronation/supination will. Just go with what is more comfortable with a 'overhand' grip for lat activation.

Stop making words up man.

funny one pull ups, atm I can do 7 full stretch extension, but in summer when i cut i can do 25+. All depends on your muscle strength to weight

Try the P90X Corn Cob pull ups!!!!!!!!

Real mans pull up, could do about 5 towards the end of my last round!

I got a pull up bar for Christmas and am starting P90X in a couple of weeks, once I finish insanity.

Could manage about three at a time tops yesterday.

I got a pull up bar for Christmas and am starting P90X in a couple of weeks, once I finish insanity.

Could manage about three at a time tops yesterday.

I went from 3 unaided,they teach you to use a chair to increase reps, to over 90 unaided.

Pity I've ate like a pig since finishing and have practicaly put all my weight back on!!

Look forward to a review of the corn cobs and the towel pull ups. Enjoy!!!!

not as good as i used to be but still do them,wide grip cruxifiction style (legs hanging straight down not folded up) touch the top of my spine to the bar and hold for couple of seconds..can do the 1 arm cheaty ones..underhand with the other hand clamping the wrist of the pulling hand..

Seem to have over-done these a bit and since Christmas have had pain whenever causing any strain to the crease of me forearm (tendons?) when lifting things. Obviously not serious damage but after a month am gettin a bit sick of not bein able to do any training.
Any suggestions?

I'm too heavy for pull ups at the moment, however on back day i like to warm up on the weight assisted pull up machine in the gym like to do wide grip pull ups with 40kg of my weight supported so i'm lifting 55kg of my own bodyweight still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back