Pubs in Sunderland that are still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording on the building is ' the wheat sheaf' rather than wheatsheaf, though seems to be known as the latter. Apologies for pedantry.
I've never in my life heard anyone local call it the Wheatsheaf.

Everyone calls it /pronunce and that area the Weat chief (which is incorrect I know)

I've never in my life heard anyone local call it the Wheatsheaf.

Everyone calls it /pronunce and that area the Weat chief (which is incorrect I know)

When I googled it to double check all the online references were of the Wheatsheaf so I'm not certain of its official name. Usually belts out some canny pre-match tunes though.

When I googled it to double check all the online references were of the Wheatsheaf so I'm not certain of its official name. Usually belts out some canny pre-match tunes though.
Yes mate it is it right and proper name ,but for some reason everyone I've ever met pronounces it "weat chief "

I've missed it, Jeff brown and aunty Cathy off Corrie ;)

Aye the Harbour Boys turned out for you on Hawes Piss Up on Tour last week.....3 at least, 1 of whom took part by accident.

Imagine having a quiet day out in Richmond and 20 odd Sunderland fans joining you

Aye the Harbour Boys turned out for you on Hawes Piss Up on Tour last week.....3 at least, 1 of whom took part by accident.

Imagine having a quiet day out in Richmond and 20 odd Sunderland fans joining you

Quality day, @squashjoe , you will have to join us next year with your flag, although I was in bed by 10pm, never made it back to hawes :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back