Pub with lonely table.

What pub mate , think that's a class idea
It's a one in East Yorkshire mate. It was for people who struggled with loneliness over Christmas but they've decided to keep it going as it was a success
Great idea but they don't call it "the lonely table" do they? That might put people off using it, I would think.
Just reserved for people who were on their tod marra

Last edited:
It's a one in East Yorkshire mate. It was for people who struggled with loneliness over Christmas but they've decided to keep it going as it was a success

Just reserved for people who were on their tod marra

I live in East Yorkshire. So I googled , out of curiosity, to see where it was. I got hits for lonely tables in pubs in Manchester, Northern Ireland, Wales and Devon

Paul McCartney asked “all the lonely people, where do they all come from?”

Now we know. From East Yorkshire, Salford, Northern Ireland, Wales and Devon.

Plus chimpanzees

Great idea but they don't call it "the lonely table" do they? That might put people off using it, I would think.
Or Imagine if it had a "Reserved" sign on when you got there.... Or "Excuse me can I join you"... Nah Feck off, this is the lonelty table

Last edited:
I live in East Yorkshire. So I googled , out of curiosity, to see where it was. I got hits for lonely tables in pubs in Manchester, Northern Ireland, Wales and Devon

Paul McCartney asked “all the lonely people, where do they all come from?”

Now we know. From East Yorkshire, Salford, Northern Ireland, Wales and Devon.

Plus chimpanzees
Are we getting a bus on to the matches for the East Yorkshire lads whilst you're on?
I often go for a pint on my own (actually doing it now) and love it. Few beers, football and a look on here.
So do I marra but some folk aren't confident in doing that. I just gan in & mingle or listen to a podcast with a jar.

Last edited:

Back