Ps5 controller update….

5underland

Midfield
The boys ps5 is saying the controller needs an update, so I’ve plugged it in via usb as it asks but the update option is greyed out, I can only select update later which then turns off the controller so he can’t use the console at all. Do I need to use a ps5 specific usb(there is such a thing) or can I use a generic one? The one I’m using is just one we use to charge some other devices but that doesn’t mean it’ll transfer data? Help, I’ve got 2 9yr olds desperate to play fifa!!

The boys ps5 is saying the controller needs an update, so I’ve plugged it in via usb as it asks but the update option is greyed out, I can only select update later which then turns off the controller so he can’t use the console at all. Do I need to use a ps5 specific usb(there is such a thing) or can I use a generic one? The one I’m using is just one we use to charge some other devices but that doesn’t mean it’ll transfer data? Help, I’ve got 2 9yr olds desperate to play fifa!!
That happened me the other day, just restarted the console with the controller plugged in and it worked after that.

That happened me the other day, just restarted the console with the controller plugged in and it worked after that.
Tried that loads but nothing. However, I am sorted. I found another usb cable was plugged in to the port on the back of the console, I’ve unplugged this and connected it to the front(I was always using the front port) and hey presto, it worked. I didn’t discover this until I had trailed to silverlink and bought a new cable so I’ve now got 3 usb-c cables.

Back